Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

St. Paul's hospital and Canossa hospital

tiamochris is offline Registered User

St. Paul's hospital and Canossa hospital

I've just got the confirmation from those two hospitals and I don't know which one to book. Anybody can give me the advice about the cost and the environment? Thanks!

louisouis is offline Registered User
    I had 2 babies at canossa and had some routine check ups at St Paul's, Canossa is definitely a lot better in terms of environment. There are a lot less people in Canossa and the maternity ward is relatively small so it actually feels like a persoanl experience rather then a mass production baby factory.

missidealiste is offline Registered User
    Hello u

I'm actually considering both hospital as well! We cam share our research!

I've called st-pauls and they welcome a tour anytime from 9am to 8pm without appointment. The girl who answered my call was professional and friendly. Reason I'm considering this hospital was becox I stayed there for a Hysteroscopic surgery a month ago. The residence OB tat looked after me was attentive. He is busy but never rushed me. I'm not convince that he will a ideal dc for vaginal delivery since there are quite a lot of mainland tourist pregnant patient there. I suppose I would to discuss with the OB and check this detail before I make any decision. Which OB are u with?

Canossa is my second option since I have a friend who just had vaginal delivery there. The hospital is old and small. But she had no complaints and is happy with her experience. If I would go there, I would need to change OB but hospital is a big concern for me. I believe in good team work, the OB is just part of the experience.

Tartan is offline Registered User
    I had my baby at St Pauls. If you speak Cantonese it's fine, if you don't (like me) then although the delivery was great, I found the post natal care poor. The rooms are ok, could do with a lick of paint and the staff are friendly but compared to friends who were at Matilda/Adventist/Queen Mary, I don't think I got the support with breastfeeding etc I needed