Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Confinement Ladies (Malaysian), Massage Lady

JoyousBaby is offline Registered User

Confinement Ladies (Malaysian), Massage Lady

Hi,
    I'm completely new to this website but had found many interesting forums n discussions between mum to be n mothers...
    interesting indeed...

I'm looking for confinement lady preferably from Malaysia and traditional malay/indonesian massage lady.. Any good recommendations??

Appreciate the help.
    Thank You

lisa88 is offline Registered User

I am a Malaysian Chinese mum too, had my baby in HK 2 years ago.

If you want a Malaysian confinement lady, you will have to fly her in, pay all her expenses and have her live with you (or pay for her hotel). On the other hand, there are many good Cantonese confinement ladies, some who freelance and others who go through agencies providing confinement lady services. If you are not Cantonese though, you may find that they have LOTS of taboos that you find hard to stick to. But that also depends on how flexible or pushy your confinement lady is.

Tummy wrap - again you have to fly in your own massage lady. Some Malaysian & Singaporean mums have grouped together to share costs on this - you can search the other threads and may be there will be one group that suits your timing. There are some massage services here in HK that offer postnatal wrap but it will not be identical to what the Malays do. There are also some Indonesian maids who are skilled in the postnatal wrap (very rare) but you will need to find them by word of mouth. The other problem is if they have full-time jobs, they cannot look after you daily for 2-4 weeks as needed.

Thanks Lisa88,
    Already restricted from lots of food...I miss my laksa, mee siam and lots..back in S'pore n even M'sia have lots of goodies. Just that only now during pregnancy I miss them even more!!! Confinement ladies here are very expensive isn't it?

southside852 is offline Registered User

In S'pore, the best confinement nannies come from Malaysia - people actively search for those from KL and countryside. Mine was from Ipoh in Malaysia. I had to pay for her visa and transportation into the country. For 28 days it's about @ $2,600 SGD which is about $17,000 HKD. I did the post-natal wrap as well for 5 straight days which was $550 SGD = $3,500 HKD.

Thx Southside,
    When I had my gals back in SIN it was much easier and I had my confinement lady from Malaysia too and had my post natal wrap but not in HKG.. They do have confinement ladies here too but am trying to get a referral preferably from M'sia.
    I also trying to find malay massage/ post natal wrap with bengkung!! It did help a lot when I had my gals years back.. after 2 months I was back flying and in 3rd mth I was back to my weight... was great!! So hope it will help me too this time round

HappyBabyK is offline Registered User

Hi JoyousBaby

I'm interested in malay massage / post natal wrap with bengkung. Did you find anyone that offers this in Hong Kong?
    If so, can you provide me with the contacts?

Many thanks!!

missidealiste is offline Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by southside852 View Post
    I did the post-natal wrap as well for 5 straight days which was $550 SGD = $3,500 HKD.
    Southside: can u pls give more info abt the post natal wrap? Was it done in Hk ? Thx ahead!