Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Faust Giveaway: Tickets to The Littlest Heroes in The Faust Festival 2011!

rani is offline Administrator

Answer the question below to enter our giveaway.

Why would you like to watch Storyteller, Andrea Darvill's The Littlest Heroes? (in 50 words or less)

Two lucky winners will receive a pair of tickets to see The Littlest Heroes on Thursday June 9th at 10.00am at The McAulay Studio, HK Arts Centre, 2 Harbour Road, Wan Chai.

Deadline to enter June 6th, 2011

The winners will be announced on June 7th, 2011. Simply click reply to enter.

Giveaway Rules:
    -This Giveaway is for Entertainment purposes only.
    -Entries accepted from GeoBaby/GeoSchools/GeoExpat Hong Kong members only.
    -Only one entry per member.

About The Littlest Heroes
    These tales show that just because you’re small, doesn’t mean you aren’t strong! We will hear about the Eensie Weensie Spider who is brave enough to make it to the top of the water-spout and Aisha, a tiny turtle, who teaches the greedy trickster Anansi a lesson about sharing. We also meet Carolina, a little girl who finds the meaning of life with the animals she meets, The Little Red Hen who teaches the farm animals about working together and The Hungry Little Caterpillar who blossoms into a beautiful butterfly. Our youngest audience will participate, sing, interact and chant, and discover they can be little and still have big ideas, big dreams, and big courage! This performance is suitable for ages 2 and up and runs for 1 hour with no intermission.

About Andrea Darvill
    Andrea is a Canadian born professional storyteller based in Australia. She has entertained audiences around the world bringing traditional stories, folktales and fairytales to life on stage. Andrea is back to entertain Hong Kong audiences with a whole new bag of stories! Using her natural talent and energy, assisted by a selection of props and costumes, Andrea entices audiences both large and small, young and old to enter a world where anything is possible.

The Faust Festival 2011 takes place at the Hong Kong Arts Centre from 24th May to 19th June. The Festival is an opportunity for Faust's young and talented actors to perform on stage and share their passion and excellence with the people of Hong Kong. Whether you are looking for classic children's stories faithfully retold or innovative new shows for adults and family groups alike, The Faust Festival has something for everyone. To find out more, call 2547 9114 or visit www.FaustWorld.com.

Founded GeoBaby in 2002

sharin is offline Registered User

Littlest Heroes

I would really like to take my child to watch this because I believe stage/theatre performance is a creative and effective way for children to learn. As the saying goes, 'A picture speaks a thousand words.' The Littlest Heroes sounds like a great way to teach children the morals(courage, sharing, teamwork, etc) of life and most importantly, they will have fun learning too.

M&M's is offline Registered User

Perhaps the most popular storyteller in town!

I'm fascinated to Andrea's performance. Shame on me as a daddy not to be able to tell attractive bedtime stories, my son always goes to his mom instead. Bringing him to watch The Littlest Heroes will surely be a good summer treat to our family!

ritu is offline Registered User

Little bodies, big dreams!

What a treat to enjoy the interactive, musical energy of 'The Littlest Heroes' with my princess! To take home the message that you can have big dreams and achieve big goals no matter how small you are, would be the icing on the cake after a magical theatre experience!

OopsIdiditAgain is offline Registered User

I have a superhero fanatic in the house - favourite book Rita the superhero, favourite outfit - spiderman, favourite TV Ben 10 saving the planet, favourite imaginery game - being a fireman and rescuing people, what could be more appropriate and educational than "The Littlest Heroes" on the stage!

nicolejoy is offline Registered User

My youngest daughter has dwarfism so I love the premise of just because you're small doesn't mean you're weak! She's a little young to understand it but it would be fantastic for her big sister :)

msmslau is offline Registered User

My 6 year old daughter loves story telling and is very active in her school stage performance (singing and dancing). I think she will be fascinated to see how professional actors perform on stage. Ultimately, i would love for her to develop confidence in expressing herself and pubic speaking.

yonge is offline Registered User

I want our children to know that being a hero is not about having special powers, but a choice - to be brave when they can give in to fear, to be kind when someone is hurting, to be loving in the face of rejection and to be forgiving when they may have to suffer for making the right choices. These stories are a wonderful way to celebrate our everyday heroes!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast