Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Mini pill Cerazette for $1

rani is offline Administrator
    I had my guy at the Adventist, and shortly after we came home we got a letter from the Health Center in our area letting us know we could register for my son's shots and check-ups.

Did anyone else receive a letter?
    Founder of GeoBaby.Com

nicolejoy is offline Registered User
    Update: today I went to the MCHC to see if I could get the Cerazette. From everyone's experiences, I thought it would be pretty simple - however I was told that for hormonal BC, you needed to go and see the doctor when you had your menstrual cycle. Problem for me is that my cycle hasn't started up since my daughter was born (due to the breastfeeding most likely). The doctor would not give me Cerrazette today. Instead I had to have a pregnancy test (which of course was negative - I've already been on Cerazette for the past 6 months or more), then I'm not allowed to have sex without a condom for the next 3 weeks - and I have to have another pregnancy test then as well, and if that test is also negative, THEN they'll give me the Cerazette. A bit annoying really. But ah well - that's life!!

Thought I'd update again - I went back after the 3 weeks and went through the whole procedure again and the doctor gave me 6 months supply since I've already been on Cerazette with no issues for quite a few months. Even though I got the run around a bit, I would do it again in a heart beat to get 6 boxes for $2 (since I had to go twice) instead of one box for $150 or whatever it is!!! I'm surprised I hadn't heard about this before - it is soooo worth it! Thanks to the OP for starting this thread!!

Biggie is offline Registered User
    is there any reason for taking Cerazette versus other pills when you are breastfeeding?

It's the only one that is "breastfeeding safe" - I can't remember the exact reason why, I think that the estrogen affects the milk supply or gets into the milk or something. So that's why the progesterone only pill (Cerazette) is recommended while breastfeeding.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12