Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Confused...

sams is offline Registered User

Confused...

Hi All,

I have missed my period for 4 weeks now. My LMP was on March 29th. On last Thursday I saw light pink spotting only when I used tissue paper. I thought I was going to have my period and kept waiting. This lasted for 3 days until Saturday. I had nothing on Sunday and Monday but again on Tuesday I started seeing brown spotting also only when I wiped. I am wondering if this is my period or can I be pregnant? I do not have any signs of pregnancy so far. I am perfectly normal and I haven't taken and pregnancy test yet because I don’t want to be heartbroken if the test comes negative.

On my last period too, I missed period for 2 weeks and had my normal period ( took 3 negative pregnancy test at the time)

Do you think I could be pregnant?

Thanks
    Sam

LOJITT is offline Registered User

Sorry, but you've got to take the test- splash out on a digital- then you don't spend hours trying to convince yourself there's a blue line there .

Many women do have light bleeding in early pregnancy and if your dates are right, then you're 8 wks pregnant now, so you need to find out for sure and get registered with the hospital etc.

carang is offline Registered User
    it could have been what is called "implantation bleeding". i had that with one of my kids. the public hospitals treat it as a "threatened miscarriage", at least they did in my case.

the only way to tell if you are pregnant is to take the test. even if it comes back negative, you could still be pregnant, but your body hasn't yet produced enough hormone to detect it with the test.

erina320 is offline Registered User
    I had light "implantation bleeding" with both of my pregnancies so it is still possible, but just take the test. Better to find out now if you are or you are not rather than to build your hopes up or worry over it.

RileyC is offline Registered User
    It sounds as though you may be pregnant and the spotting was "implantation bleeding" as the other users have suggested. Some people don't get any pregnancy symptoms at all in the early stages. Often a big clue that you may be pregnant is if you suddenly feel very bloated and gassy.

sams is offline Registered User
    Hi All,

Thank you for your reply. I went to my dr’s clinic to take a pregnancy test on Saturday and it came out negative :(:(:(:(....and I don't see any spotting anymore but I still didn’t get my normal period.I am wondering if the spotting I saw was my period.

I am so heartbroken that I am not pregnant :(...

I am going to see OB sometime this week....and I now hope these is nothing serious...

carang is offline Registered User
    you don't need to go to a dr clinic to have a pregnancy test... you can buy them from every watson's and mannings....

as i said, it is possible that you are pregnant but that your hormones haven't reached a detectable level yet.

if, sadly, it turns out that you are not pregnant, i would STRONGLY suggest that you speak to your OBGYN about the fact that your periods are so irregular, there might be something underlying that is causing this "agony" of not knowing if you are pregnant or not.

thanka2 is offline Registered User
    This could also very likely be a progesterone imbalance. One of the tell-tale signs of progesterone imbalance is what's called "tail-end brown spotting"--brown spotting that comes at either the beginning or end of your cycle. Progesterone imbalance can really mess with your cycles and fertility and in the worst cases can prevent you from carrying children to term. Best advice I ever got was to have my hormones checked with a full blood makeup. I would say that if you don't come up with a positive pregnancy test this time and you get your period--since you said you also had a cycle like this in your last cycle, it might be time to go get tested and see if progesterone or any other hormones are out of whack--especially if you're TTC.

If you want more information about these types of tests in HK and what I did, just PM me. I suffered a miscarriage last year and after that I went on progesterone (after I had had my blood tests done and had analysis from a doc and followup with a fertility nurse--none of these people were in HK) and I think that was a huge part of the reason why I didn't miscarry the following pregnancy.
    Last edited by thanka2; 05-31-2011 at 09:12 AM.
    “Many women have described their experiences of childbirth as being associated with a
    spiritual uplifting, the power of which they have never previously been aware …
    To such a woman childbirth is a monument of joy within her memory.
    She turns to it in thought to seek again an ecstasy which passed too soon.”

~ Grantly Dick-Read (Childbirth Without Fear)

Mother of Two
    JMW, boy, born November 29, 2007, 9:43 pm, USA
    MJW, girl, born March 17, 2011, 4:14 pm, HK

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast