Any local customs after giving birth?
- 07-06-2011, 10:16 PM #25Registered User
- Join Date
- Sep 2009
- Hong Kong
Newbie -- Never mind what the locals say behind your back. You have to be strong and do what's right for you and your child.
Though you can imagine how much harder it is for us women who are actually Chinese!
I can't count how many times my mom has brought up a confinement lady, soups, weird rules -- but not a word about the real dangerous stuff, like alcohol, second-hand smoke, drugs, raw foods, etc.
As if pregnancy is not tiring enough, we modern Chinese ladies also have to spend alot of effort just keeping all the superstitions at bay!
BTW, congrats on your new one! And don't bundle up if you don't want to. It's hot as @#$! outside.
Today I ordered a mango juice with some ice, and the waitress gave me this look of shock and horror. She tried arguing with me. "Just bring me my juice," I said. She should feel lucky that I wasn't ordering a cocktail, which is what I really want. :)
- By Onyim in forum Hong Kong Pregnancy ForumReplies: 7Last Post: 11-28-2010, 12:18 AM
- By mommy26 in forum Hong Kong Pregnancy ForumReplies: 6Last Post: 05-24-2010, 06:02 PM
- By stagsrubes in forum Hong Kong Pregnancy ForumReplies: 20Last Post: 07-17-2009, 10:48 AM
- By tet in forum Preparing for the ArrivalReplies: 2Last Post: 04-24-2008, 01:35 PM
- By e-mum in forum Preparing for the ArrivalReplies: 6Last Post: 07-13-2007, 01:18 PM