Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

My Helper is Amazing

prone_to_wander is offline Registered User

My Helper is Amazing

I love my helper. But we are leaving HK, so I'd like to find a nice, new family for her. She has been fantastic with my son, very responsible. She works well independently or alongside me. She is a fantastic cook (especially if you like roti!) She has a gentle personality and makes our lives very easy.

She would prefer to stay in the Sai Kung/CWB area.

carang is offline Registered User
    when are you leaving? we may be looking for a helper in the next couple of months. we live in sai kung, too.
    does she speak any chinese?
    where is she from? (i only ask so that i know what the airfares home would cost....)
    what salary is she expecting?
    how long has she been in hk?
    does she take the initiative and do what needs to be done or does she need micromanaging?
    how is she with kids? how does she deal with "naughty" behaviour (my kids are 4 &6).
    you mentioned her cooking, that's one of the things i miss most since our helper moved to canada...what are some of her best dishes?

sorry for all the questions. if she may be interested, please feel free to send me a PM.

thanks!

peachylin is offline Registered User
    Hi, please send me her contact details so that I may set an interview with her. I am currently looking for a helper and I really prefer someone whose previous employer is leaving. Hope to hear from you. Thanks!

prone_to_wander is offline Registered User
    We are leaving the beginning of August.
    She has been in HK 8 years.
    She is from Sri Lanka.
    She doesn't speak much Chinese. But her English is excellent. She can read and write.
    I am not a micromanager at all. We made it clear that caring for our DS was of utmost importance and everything after that is gravy, but our house is always tidy, laundry is done and she makes all our meals (except Sunday of course) and I'm really pleased with how well she takes care of our son.

My DS is only a year old, so I've only seen her redirect him if he wants to touch something that he can't touch. She watches him like a hawk.

I just asked her what she would do if when my DS was older and didn't want to clean up his toys, what she would do...she said she would convince him to pick up his toys because he has to learn to do it. I asked her if she would pick up the toys for him and she said, "No way!"

I love curries and she makes really tasty curries with roti. She does a tasty lasagna with bechamel sauce. She makes a nice pizza where the crust is from scratch. She really enjoys cooking and it shows. Every recipe I have given her, she has been able to make...she even folds phyllo pastry beautifully.

And as you guys have dogs all over at your place..she is great with our dog. Not scared at all.

carang is offline Registered User
    sounds great! will talk to hubby, we were going to put off hiring someone until september, but maybe i can convince him to do it a month earlier....

thanks for the recommendation.

Miss Jen is offline Registered User
    Hi, I was so interested to read your thread about your helper. We have been looking specifically for a Sri Lankan helper for a while, but they are few and far between. We are an Australian couple with a 3.5 year old boy and a 7 month old girl. my husband is 1/2 Sri Lankan which makes my kids 1/4 and we would love them to be exposed to their cultural heritage. We absolutely love eating Sri Lankan food... and have a fully equipped kitchen to cook it... And I have been learning from my father in-law for the past 6 years! Your helper sounds like a wonderful fit for our family... all except for the fact that we do not live in Sai Kung, but instead Kowloon, above Kowloon Station.
    We are interviewing another candidate this Sunday. If your helper is available and willing, we would love to interview her and if she is the right fit, we would be happy to wait the 2 months for her. Cold you please contact me ASAP and let me know if this is possible.

Thanks again for your recommendation!
    Jen

pinki09 is offline Registered User
    Hi I am looking for a ft helper...one 21 month old son and another baby due in sept week 2. We live in pokfulam and dont have a big apartment or separate helper room/bathroom. If these things are okay with your helper please PM me if she wants to be interviewed.

Miss Jen is offline Registered User
    Hi, I was so interested to read your thread about your helper. We have been looking specifically for a Sri Lankan helper for a while, but they are few and far between. We are an Australian couple with a 3.5 year old boy and a 7 month old girl. my husband is 1/2 Sri Lankan which makes my kids 1/4 and we would love them to be exposed to their cultural heritage. We absolutely love eating Sri Lankan food... and have a fully equipped kitchen to cook it... And I have been learning from my father in-law for the past 6 years! Your helper sounds like a wonderful fit for our family... all except for the fact that we do not live in Sai Kung, but instead Kowloon, above Kowloon Station.
    We are interviewing another candidate this Sunday. If your helper is available and willing, we would love to interview her and if she is the right fit, we would be happy to wait the 2 months for her. Cold you please contact me ASAP and let me know if this is possible.

Thanks again for your recommendation!
    Jen

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast