Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Need Help from experience Mother

Readytobemummy is offline Registered User
    Hong kong
    HI Carang
    Yes ,I wanted too but his feel that private service should be better ,anyway I already done deposited for St Paul
    thank a lot

ozmerc is offline Registered User
    Hong Kong
    Your OB costs about the same as mine. However, there are ways to save money. If you don't need a scan at an appointment, don't get one. You don't need a scan at every single check-up but some docs do it automatically. I registered in the public system and had some thing done publicly (i.e. blood tests & 20 week scan. They also do the test for Downs but I opted out). I stretched out my appointments so I'm not going as frequently as the doc suggested since I'm low risk. My doc was fine with all this. It's kind of a drop in the bucket when it's all added up but it's better than nothing.

taysty is offline Registered User
    Chai Wan
    Oh, I overlook what you wrote. You don't really need 4D scan. 3D is enough. Also, appointments every 2 weeks is too frequent. I'm not consider extremely high risk but is over 30 and had a miscarriage before. I think I visit like 3 weeks or once a month?

Since you already pay deposit at St Paul now all you need to do is to find a Gynae that deliver at St Paul and you're comfortable with.

My hubby is from Hong Kong and I guess I'm going to stay here for a couple more years. Might consider to go back when my baby starts kindergarten.

I am seeing Dr Patrick Chan in Central.

I miss the food back home so much. Also, hubby and I just back from Bangkok (I've got local friends there) and I feel the food there closer to home then HK. :(

Good luck in your pregnancy. Anything, feel free to let us know. :)

FutureHKmom is offline Registered User
    For frequency of visits, I went once every 2 weeks. Then from week 13 until week 32 or 33 is was once a month then it went back to more frequent.

hkexpat2010 is offline Registered User
    Hong Kong
    I've seen 2 ob/gyns in central now and the fees have been:

Doc 1: 1,000 consultation, 1,000 scan, 3,700 for 6 week blood work tests, but 2nd appointment no bloodwork needed
    Doc 2: 1050 consultation including scan

Good luck with your delivery! You may want to read some other posts here and on other websites about St. Paul's to help you prepare for the birth. I've found this site really helpful to uncover some issues I've never even considered...

jaz1311 is offline Registered User

Gracey is offline Registered User
    Hong Kong
    My doctor charges about HK $1000 per check-up and scan.
    But be sure to ask in advance if treatments are necessary. Some women want EVERYTHING done. Others don't, or are watching their budgets.
    A 4D scan when you're only 7 weeks seems a little much -- not much you can see at that point, anyway.
    I'm 6+ months now, and I've only had one 4D scan. And the nice nurses asked me in advance if I wanted to spend the extra money.
    Otherwise, it's just been 3D scans.
    If it's a good doctor, the nurses at the front desk should be able to provide you with a price-list breakdown.

lesliefu is offline Registered User
    South District
    would agree with gracey - you can always ask the nurses for the price list - in fact you could call and inquire over the phone before going. for my 3 pregnancies - i've only always one monthly appt and scanned each time - according to my doctor though i was not high risk, he had to make sure the "stats" were clear and good ...not 4D each time though, depended on the nature of the scan so sometimes 3D was good enough. the bill came to 1500 (800 for consultation and 700 for scan)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast