Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Need Help from experience Mother

yonge is offline Registered User

Price Lists

I found price lists notoriously unreliable. You'll actually need to ask how much you'll be charged for a particular visit. My bill came out to be twice as much as quoted, because I had a "long" consultation instead of a "short" one, whatever that means. I guess as long as you're able to expense the bills under your employer's health plan, it won't hurt, but having had a child under the Hong Kong private system and the public system, I can unequivocally say that the public experience is so much better - more parent/child centered, more up-to-date treatment and no unpleasant financial surprises.

kaandy is offline Registered User
    Hi 'Readytobemummy' just to let you know that a few of us mummies to be are meeting a OOlah (1 Bridges Street) on Sunday 12th at 9.15am. Feel free to come and join us if you want.

Also, i moved over from Singapore too almost 1 year ago. I miss it too, but i'm having my December baby in HK. In answer to your original question, you can have your baby delivered for very cheap using the public system (which is pretty good), or the private system (which largely varies in prices, so you would need to research different prices charged by OB GYNs and hospitals.

Hopefully see you on Sunday where we can chat about it in more detail. Other mummies to be are most welcome to join us on Sunday too.

solidstars is offline Registered User
    i went once every month at HK$700 per visit, this is at St Teresa hospital on kowloon side.

Gracey is offline Registered User
    My first trimester, I went all the time for scans. But I had a host of medical problems and was deemed high risk. I'm sure I was an exception. Also I think I was seeing a rather anxious doctor.
    After I switched to a more moderate doctor and safely entered the 2nd trimester, I went back to the normal once a month.
    May I ask who your doctor is?

JoyousBaby is offline Registered User
    Hi Readytobemummy,

I'm S'porean too..same here without any insurance cos I came in Feb and before could really settle down I'm preggy! Right now is 11 wks and each time my gynae will break down the bill so averagely is about $1,300 with consultation, scan and medication. I heard that without insurance is going to cost us a bomb. estimated HKD75k exclusive c section or any other complications.. I'm still contemplating if wanna go back SIN to deliver.

Readytobemummy is offline Registered User
    Dear ALL
    Thank you so much for your all comments but unfortunately I was miscarriage on 8 weeks so we went back singapore to do D&C and my mother in law was taking care of me.
    now I am back in hong kong ... me and my husband will get fresh start again since I am so new in Hong kong
    we will try again and if any news will updates in here .. thank a lot everyone take care

Jzlyn is offline Registered User
    Sorry but are 3D scans really necessary? I only had 2D scans throughout my pregnancy and only saw my doctor once every 4-5 weeks up until Week 33 or 34 then it was once every 2 weeks.

BabyG is offline Registered User
    Try asking the doctor if she does a package which covers all the hospitalization and check-ups. This way is cheaper and if you speak with her and tell her that you don't have insurance, she might lower her fees.

I did this with my ob-gyn and got a huge discount.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123