Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Need Help from experience Mother

Readytobemummy is offline Registered User

Red face Need Help from experience Mother

HI All
    I am very new in Hong kong ,Me and my husband just relocated from Singapore only 2 months and just found out that I am pregnant 7 weeks.
    I went first appointment with DR Coral and she manage to get the St paul for my deliver (my due is first week of Jan 2012) her first appointment is fine but total bill was 2,8000 (consult+blood test+4Dscan+vitamins) not sure if this is normal price because we don't have insurance and after we check her deliver cost she charge as for private room about 50K and still other expense daily add on.
    Can anyone advise if this is the same cost that you are paying or she a bit expensive
    or anyone know other doctor who delivery in St Paul and is he or she could be cheaper than DR Coral. however we also think if this is the first child and if we no other choice then we should continue with her
    please share what your experience
    Thank you a lot

lesliefu is offline Registered User
    i'm thinking the blood test might have made up the bulk of your payment. when i check with my doctor the fee is normally around 1700 which includes consultation and scan (800 for consult, 900 for scan)vitamins should only come to around 100...i'd go to her again -you shouldn't be getting blood tests each time so the cost should only go lower for the next sessions.

taysty is offline Registered User
    I think you should get a break down of the fees then it is easier to compare? Lesiefu is right, the next bill should be lower.

Are you both Singaporean? Well, I'm a Singaporean too. A bit lost touch of what's happening at home. Have a baby here in HK last year and she's nearly 8 months now.

pixelelf is offline Registered User
    im singaporean :)
    why do u need 4d scan?
    yes blood test costs most of the bill. some tests are unnecessary, do be sure to ask your doc what scan she is doing before committing. and ask her if it's necessary. i did this with my gynae who was pushing us to do all kinds of scans.
    Posted via Mobile Device

Hi Taysty
    Thank you for your reply , my husband is singaporean I am Thai has been married and stay in singapore for 7 years I miss everything in Singapore ..thinking to delivery there but in the end got to do here since we rent out our house.
    oh your baby must be very cute now can you share with me which doctor you used and how much the total cost ?
    anyway I just went to deposited at St' paul today

Quote Originally Posted by pixelelf View Post
    im singaporean :)
    why do u need 4d scan?
    yes blood test costs most of the bill. some tests are unnecessary, do be sure to ask your doc what scan she is doing before committing. and ask her if it's necessary. i did this with my gynae who was pushing us to do all kinds of scans.
    Posted via Mobile Device
    Hi Pixelelf
    Thank you for your comments I am not sure as well as we both not really know anything much .. maybe i will ask her next time as she asking me to see every 2 weeks until 12 weeks (now going to 8 weeks on next monday)not sure if necessary to do that.
    consult is 1000 , blood test 1000 , scan 600 , vitamins 200 that total 2800 hope to get lower next time. ha ha
    May I ask which Gynae you using ?

pixelelf is offline Registered User
    i dun remember doing so many visits. i went once a mth and saw dr philip ho. but did nt deliver here. i went back to sg to deliver and stayed for 2.5mths. came back when baby was 2.5 weeks.
    Posted via Mobile Device

carang is offline Registered User
    you could go through the public system and the entire pregnancy AND delivery will set you back about $1000...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast