Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

best kid friendly sushi?

rebekah is offline Registered User

best kid friendly sushi?

We are looking for a good quality sushi place that will allow a 3 year old. They don't have to cater to kids, we can handle that, we just want her to be welcomed. In other words, quality over atmosphere. Japanese speaking only is OK too.

ozmerc is offline Registered User

We go to Genki sushi. They even have high chairs so the little ones can sit up around the sushi train.

carang is offline Registered User

we go to genki as well... my kids LOVE it!

Shenzhennifer is offline Registered User

We always go to Japanese restos, as hubby is from japan. We have been bringing our son since he was born, and now we go as a foursome.
    The best quality place we went to was near Lan Kwai fong, called Tokyo joe's. Amazing food and real Japanese, despite the name and the bright orange sign. Maguro that melts in your mouth. Pricey but worth it. My son was 1 then and they were totally welcoming. We have never had an issue with bringing my kids anywhere here, but I don't go to real adults only places anyway.

kiwiinoz is offline Registered User

Can recommend Sen-Ryo Genki Sushi. We've been taking the kids there since our son was 18 months. If you ask (and don't mind a bit longer wait when they're busy) you can get a booth. Sen-Ryo are in IFC, B2 of Times Square (Causeway Bay) and also on the other side of Causeway Bay opposite the big Wellcome in JP Plaza (near Ikea/Windsor House).
    We've always found their sushi to be fresh and they have a good variety.

Our kids adore Japanese food and sushi especially. If you ask my daughter if she would prefer McDonalds or sushi, sushi wins out every time. We've not had an issue taking our kids to most restaurants here either.

Good luck!

mumsy is offline Registered User

Just curious, do your kids/toddlers eat the raw fish sushi or only the cooked fish/egg/eel/beancurd sushi etc? What age can they start eating raw fish?

Shenzhennifer is offline Registered User

My kid is 2 and a bit and the most daring I have been is with seared or smoked salmon.
    I think the Japanese are a lot more easygoing about it. Women still eat sushi during pregnancy. Mind you, the fish is a LOT better there than here, ok, until recently in certain parts perhaps:)

carang is offline Registered User

my kids started eating salmon sashimi when they were 2. however, i ALWAYS dip it into the wasabi before i give it to them. i saw a programme on tv once that measured the bacteria count before and after dipping it in the wasabi and the bacteria was reduced by something like 90% or more!

as for the fist being better in japan.... i would have thought that most of the fish served in sushi restaurants here was imported anyway...(maybe a dumb assumption on my part?)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast