Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Taxi with car seat

2010-NewDad is offline Registered User

Taxi with car seat

Anyone have any recommendations for a taxi firm that has car seats for transporting our little one home later this week? Just a short journey from the Island to Kowloon...
    Posted via Mobile Device

jt06 is offline Registered User
    Having lived here most of my life I've never heard of or seen such a thing. I don't think it exist.

AngieO is offline Registered User
    You could ask these people http://www.esmdywca.org.hk/OtherServ...=HireEquipment if they have a baby capsule you can rent (or car seat if your little one is not a baby) which you can strap into the taxi using the seatbelt.

banane76 is offline Registered User
    It's not very safe, but we put our baby in a sling and I wore a seatbelt. I think you have to have your own carseat. Maybe you can get a used one on Asiaxpat.

carang is offline Registered User
    taxis dont' have carseats. if you want to be the safest possible when travelling by car, you will have to buy your own car.

Frenchy is offline Registered User
    If it's just for one trip, maybe you can ask someone around you who has a baby ? a neighbour, a collegue ? or maybe get a second hand one on Asiaxpat, Geobaby or at Ecomaman.

AngieO is offline Registered User
    Yes. If you often take taxis I really recommend buying a travel system, because then you can put the baby in the capsule, throw the wheels in the boot of the taxi, then click them together when you get out. You might find one in the classifieds. I didn't have this with my first baby, and really regretted it. With no. 2 we bought a quinny zapp cheaply on ebay which we could use with the maxi cosi capsule we already had. What a difference it made to my life! Still have never used the actual stroller of the quinny as I love our original stroller, but because we bought it second hand it didn't matter. If you put the baby in a sling, be sure to put the seatbelt between you and the baby, as if the belt is in front of you both and there is an accident you could crush the baby.

2010-NewDad is offline Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by AngieO View Post
    You could ask these people http://www.esmdywca.org.hk/OtherServ...=HireEquipment if they have a baby capsule you can rent (or car seat if your little one is not a baby) which you can strap into the taxi using the seatbelt.
    Angie, thank you for this great advice. They have them available and I will pick up this afternoon.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast