Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

What to pack for Matilda?

laial is offline Registered User
    I just delivered at Matilda 2wks ago. The pads they supply are the thick Kotex maternity pads with no adhesive backing (together with stretchy netting undies) - I found this comfortable for the first day. But afterwards the pads got too thick and rubbed on my stitches - I brought in some Mothercare slim maternity pads, which did a great job.

Also bub just wore shirts and nappies underneath the swaddle (which were all provided by the Matilda). They also have mittens (didn't stay on my bub's hands, but worked for my friend - go figure!) and hats.

They provide a nice dressing robe to wear over your clothes and also a basic hospital gown (which ties up at the back). I brought in nursing tanks / nighties which I found most comfortable. The toiletries supplied are pretty basic - i preferred to use my own. They also provide v-shaped nursing pillows.

evgreen is offline Registered User
    thanks laial, and congrats! btw, do you know if matilda provides a birthing ball during labor?

RileyC is offline Registered User
    Laial, very useful info so thanks
    Posted via Mobile Device

laial is offline Registered User
    We were told at the Matilda antenatal classes that they do provide birthing balls. I went straight for the full epidural so I didn't actually find out for myself.

AndreaSB is offline Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by ssheng View Post
    If you are BFing, which Matilda advocates (and they have a bunch of nurses who will help you with this during your stay), I also found that I used a nursing bra and breast shells while I was there, because you will be really sensitive and unless you have a private room, probably want to wear the hospital gown which will rub against you. In case you aren't familiar with shells, get the kind with holes in it for breathability. These aren't the shields, btw, which do something else - these are the shells that provide some air flow and no chafing during the first few days before you toughen up.
    What is the purpose of the shells? Do you mean ones like the Avent shells?

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index...ductId=2403352

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234