Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Helper Recommendation

komo is offline Registered User

Helper Recommendation

After three years in Hong Kong we have decided to relocate back to Australia at very short notice, and we would love to find a new home for our lovely Helper. She has been with us for 14 months and has been a valuable part of our household. 

Our helper has many strengths. She does an exceptional job in keeping our home clean, along with all our cooking and food preperations (mainly Western style meals from recipe books, and child specific meals such as Annabel Karmel). Daily she visits the supermarket, and occasionally the wet market in Aberdeen. 

I am a stay at home mum with two children, a boy about to turn 2, and a girl aged 3. She does regular babysittying for us, both during the day and night, and has developed a very special bond with the children. She is very attentive to their needs, understanding, calm, patient and caring. I would go as far as to say the children love her. I have always felt extremely comfortable leaving my children in her care, and she has never had a problem with juggling their changing needs (sleeps, feeds, schooling drop off, playtime, outside activities) and working autonomously with them both. 

She is also very good at respecting my husband and my privacy.

Our helper is in her early 30s and been in Hong Kong for 5 years. She would prefer to remain a ‘live in’ helper, and continue to work with children. She currently lives with us in Pok Fu Lam (but happy to live anywhere) and is available for an interview during the week as well as weekends. We have found her to be a wonderful addition to our household, and we will miss her dearly. She has been honest, respectful, flexible, and caring. We would love to find her a new home before our departure, which will be in late June, so she will be available at the end of the month. 

If you have any questions or would like to interview her, please don’t hesitate to send me a private message.

ROMAROMA is offline Registered User
    I am very interested and would love to have someone as a live in helper but we may only stay in Hong Kong until the end of this year. Does she mind taking on a temp. job?

Many thanks!

peachylin is offline Registered User
    Hi, I am looking for a helper and will be willing to take her on. Please send me her details so that I may set an interview with her. Thanks so much and I hope I can have a nice relationship with her too :)

junebaby is offline Registered User
    Hi, I would love to meet your helper to help out with our two small children. Not sure how to send a private message, but perhaps you can send me your helper's details?

Dear Romaroma, I am sorry but she would like something a little longer than 6 months. Apologies.

ROMAROMA is offline Registered User
    Thank you for your reply...I understand that it is really hard to find a good temp DH.

Thank you for the many enquiries I have had. To answer some of the many queries-
    - our helper is from the Philippines
    - in February we sent her on two day CPR Annerley course, so she is updated in CPR and general First Aid.
    - she prefers to not work with animals (she didn't have a good experience from a prior employer)
    - she prefers to be the only helper in the home (she likes to be kept busy - her words, not mine!!!).
    Happy to answer any other queries, and thankyou for your enquiries.
    Last edited by komo; 06-01-2011 at 08:31 PM.

pinki09 is offline Registered User
    Hi Komo,

I am urgently looking for a helper I have a 21 month old and I am due with no. 2 in september, pls PM me with her details. Thanks a lot.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast