Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Stokke Mini Crib Matress cover...Mold spots or is it supposed to look like that

Junebugwhite is offline Registered User

Stokke Mini Crib Matress cover...Mold spots or is it supposed to look like that

Hi there, does anyone else have the Stokke Mini or Sleepi? We just unpacked ours, due in 6 weeks. The Mattress cover on the foam mattress itself had these little brown speckles on the outside that seemed easy to scrape off. When I took the cover off and saw the inside, I then saw lots of larger brown spots in the lining of the cover. Of course I thought it was mold and freaked out. Went to Mothercare to ask if they sold replacement covers and matresses. I took the cover off of their floor sample, and it looked exactly the same. I asked the sales woman, she kept saying it was the cotton...supposed to be like that. What do you think??

ssheng is offline Registered User
    I looked at our mattress after seeing your post and didn't see any brown spots on it. I don't remember them being there when we first bought it, either - and I recall we did remove and wash the cover a few times due to accidents. We got ours at Mothercare in the Prince's building back in late 2009.

sea princess is offline Registered User

stokke

Hi
    Our matress protector has spots on it, but it's more variations in the natural cotton fibre. It certainly doesn't scrape off. I've just checked the matress itself for you and there is NO markings. The matress colour is uniform. I would insist on swapping this over if I were you.
    Good luck.

DoubleJoy is offline Registered User
    Hi,

Our stokke crib was delivered to us in Feb 2011. We are still using the small mattress. It DOES NOT have any brown spots that scrap off. When our crib arrived, I took off the protective cover to wash and am certain there were no spots either. As to the larger mattress, I've yet to unpack it and am hoping that it also doesn't have any brown spots. For the cost of the crib, I suggest you ask for an exchange.

Sweetblueberry is offline Registered User
    hi ladies, are you still using the sleepi system but kids have outgrown the mini bassinet?

If you no longer have use for the mini parts and would like to offload, please PM me. I'm looking for the following replacement parts: 1 mini baseboard, 2 mini spacer sticks, 2 wheel base parts. thanks!