Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

 
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

CDNIS students speak mostly Cantonese amongst themselves?

  1. #17
    littleho is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    HONG KONG
    Posts
    35
    Dear HC,

    Since you have a kid in KCIS, what year is your kid doing now? My son is very lucky to be admitted by the school for the academic year beginning this September. The school has become more selective as a result of the strong demand.

    Can you give me insights on the following apsects of KCIS?

    1) Workload (Heavy?). I heard it has a lot of homeworks/projects as compared with most of the international schools. Can students handle the workload?
    2) English standard as compared with other international schools
    3) Creativity

    Many thanks

    Kind regards

    Littleho

  2. #18
    howardcoombs is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Happy Valley
    Posts
    552
    Quote Originally Posted by HappyV View Post
    I think this is the case. If any parents have questions about CDNIS I am happy to provide more information via PM.
    You have, what I consider to be controversial opinions. Keeping them in a PM instead of in an open forum will certainly allow you to dispense them without challenge. Meh!

  3. #19
    howardcoombs is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Happy Valley
    Posts
    552
    Quote Originally Posted by littleho View Post
    Dear HC,

    Since you have a kid in KCIS, what year is your kid doing now? My son is very lucky to be admitted by the school for the academic year beginning this September. The school has become more selective as a result of the strong demand.

    Can you give me insights on the following apsects of KCIS?

    1) Workload (Heavy?). I heard it has a lot of homeworks/projects as compared with most of the international schools. Can students handle the workload?
    2) English standard as compared with other international schools
    3) Creativity
    I have 1 child currently attending P6.
    I find the workload to be relatively light. She does between 30-60 mins per evening for normal school work. We supplement that with private Mandarin tutoring.

    Almost all teachers are native English speakers and the standard of English is quite high. As she came from KCS (where there is very little English) her English was quite poor. She was able to come up to speed quite quickly.

    Its a lovely school with caring teachers. I'm sure your child will enjoy it there.
    HC

  4. #20
    HappyV is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    DB
    Posts
    365
    You might disagree, but this does not make them controversial.

  5. #21
    littleho is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    HONG KONG
    Posts
    35
    Thanks a lot HC.

    My son is currently in KCS K2 class and will do both KCS K3 class and KCIS Reception Class in the coming September.

    I certainly like KCIS in view of its strong Mandarin education and affordable tuition fees as compared with most international schools. Primary section of KCIS has become an oversubscribed school and waiting list is now quite long.




    Quote Originally Posted by howardcoombs View Post
    I have 1 child currently attending P6.
    I find the workload to be relatively light. She does between 30-60 mins per evening for normal school work. We supplement that with private Mandarin tutoring.

    Almost all teachers are native English speakers and the standard of English is quite high. As she came from KCS (where there is very little English) her English was quite poor. She was able to come up to speed quite quickly.

    Its a lovely school with caring teachers. I'm sure your child will enjoy it there.
    HC

  6. #22
    howardcoombs is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Happy Valley
    Posts
    552
    Littleho,

    would you not consider leaving them in KCS for a few years before switching them over?
    Thats what I did with our 3. Nothing beats immersion when it comes to learning a language. KCS, with its strict form and full on immersion was really good for us.

  7. #23
    howardcoombs is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Happy Valley
    Posts
    552
    Quote Originally Posted by HappyV View Post
    You might disagree, but this does not make them controversial.
    I'm 100% confident that I'm not the only one to disagree. When 2 groups disagree over a period if time, it turns into a controversy. But, you've got the solution in hand; take it into a PM so others cannot disagree :-)

  8. #24
    HappyV is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    DB
    Posts
    365
    As far as I can see I have offered much more precise information in this thread than you have offered.

    More than happy to continue to provide information on this or other threads.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-30-2009, 02:05 PM
  2. Calling for Mandarin students
    By bbbccc in forum Education
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-03-2007, 01:03 PM
  3. English speak real estate agent
    By tully in forum Moving Forums
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-23-2007, 07:52 PM
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-02-2007, 06:12 PM
  5. intl school students enter local universities
    By michelle in forum Education
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-20-2003, 05:44 PM
Scroll to top