Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

How to tell whether baby is allergic to formula or he just doesn't like the taste?!?

miriam228 is offline Registered User
    Thanks Komo ~

Have stopped breast feeding about 2 months ago, so have completely "dried up!"

First child was on Jap formula after BM, and so I stuck wuth it, even when little bro came to this world. (Colleagues say Jap formaula is better.....)

komo is offline Registered User
    Maybe a trip to an experienced person, whether be a doctor or a health professional may be in order. You want to make sure they are getting enough fluids to prevent dehydration. Are the nappies still wet, if so then maybe they are getting enough, if not, I think it might be something you want to address soon. Good luck - tricky situation!

ssheng is offline Registered User
    My daughter never took to the Japanese brands, either. What finally worked for us was Gerber Good Start, which a lot of moms in the US said their babies liked as well. (I just went online and did some searches and discovered this). I found they sell it at Three Sixty, not sure where else. The can is a lot smaller than other brands, which means it's also a bit on the expensive side, but just my personal experience. If your baby likes Good Start, apparently Nan Ha 1 is the name of the European version, which tastes slightly different but is available in HK in larger and less expensive cans. If that doesn't work, you can just mix it into your older child's formula until the can is used up, since I'm sure your older child is less picky, and that way it won't get wasted.

Thanks everybody. Eager to heara what the maternal child health centre says tmrw!!

erina320 is offline Registered User
    FYI. You should never, never water down baby formula! It can result in water intoxication in infants that can be potentially fatal.

Finally went to the MCHC last Sat!

Nurses say: his "preference" is to be fed whilst he's asleep! Nothing to do with allergy, so there's no need to see a paed nor change formulas! She said changing formulas too frequently is not good for young babies. She says as long as he's not sick, we should just stick to the same formula! Hmmm..... in that case, we'll continue to have a hard time feeding him!!

Previously, a paed told us to try Meiji's Allergy Formula which we did. Having bought 3 cans, and just used up HALF a tin now, I realize we can't give that formula to my little one any longer, since he poos like 8-10 times a day after drinking that formula! (Maybe becoz he doesn't have allergy, but drinking allergy formula!)

Therefore, anyone interested to buy my 2 BRAND NEW Meiji Allergy Formula at a cheaper price pls?? If so, pls let me know, thanks!!! (Bought from "East Trading West" for HK$296 per tin. http://www.etwhk.com/member4/baby/h_...milk_meiji.htm one of the distributors of Japanese baby formulas etc)

Thanks!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12