Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Your views please on hipp organic first milk (from birth onwards)

RileyC is offline Registered User

Question Your views please on hipp organic first milk (from birth onwards)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	imageResizeLibrary.asp.html.jpeg 
Views:	149 
Size:	58.8 KB 
ID:	1577

I plan to breastfeed my baby exclusively for the first 6 months of its life, but realise that life sometimes has other plans in store for us. Therefore, as a back-up plan, I'd like to have some formula at home just in case my baby needs he when it comes back from the hospital.

I'm considering Hipp Organic First Milk. Do you recommend this product? Is it really suitable for newborns as suggested by the manufacturers? How long does one box last for (i.e. roughly how many feeds)? Where is the best and cheapest place to buy Hipp Organic? Thanks!

Anyone have any feedback that they can give? Thx
    Posted via Mobile Device

Vishalc likes this.

newbiekt is offline Registered User

Hipp milk

I used this milk with my first son and he liked it well enough. However I found that it didn't mix well and the bottles always looked grainy after feeding. So this time for my second son I changed to the imported Aptamil (UK) from either Baby Central or B2B and I much prefer it.

newbiekt is offline Registered User

Also meant to say that it lasts a similar amount of time to any formula as the quantity you use is mostly one scoop per oz of water but that it entirely depends how many formula feeds you give the baby. As a guideline for my 9 month old (as of a few months ago) I was giving 3 x 8oz feeds per day and a box lasted a week or 10 days.

Liquorice is offline Registered User

Hi, I'm using this formula now - switched from Wyeth recently. I don't notice any mixing problems...all fine for me. One box contains two sachets which last approximately 2-2.25 days each, so 4 to 4 1/2 days total I think.

Not sure about newborn suitability as I only started Hipp at 5 months. Also, my baby takes anything. Not fussy at all.

ssheng is offline Registered User

My pediatrician said this formula was 'as good as any' for newborns, and it was one of the recommended ones from Annerley, so I think it's suitable for newborns. There are a couple other threads now, however, about babies refusing to take certain formulas based on taste, so if you can find a single serving of it somewhere you might try that just in case your baby doesn't like it to avoid wasting $ and a whole carton. I know B2B sells some single servings and they also sell Hipps, so they might have it (I'm not sure, however).

Just one note - I found just having formula around during my 1st baby made me immediately reach for it when baby was fussing, which, since I didn't pump enough to make up for a few feedings, made my supply go down and caused me to end up weaning a bit earlier than I might have otherwise. In retrospect baby's fussing was probably just her needing to nurse more to up my supply, or maybe just fussing for reasons other than hunger. BF is such hard work, it's easy to sabotage it, so if you are committed might consider not having the temptation of formula. Then again you might have better willpower than I did!

Thank you newbiekt, Liquorice and ssheng. Your feedback is much appreciated.

banane76 is offline Registered User

If you're planning to use from 6months, then you don't need the newborn formula and can you the follow-on one. We used Hipp and were very happy with it as it is organic, has prebiotics and dha. Your body will make what your baby needs so try to hold off on the formula while you're breastfeeding so that your supply can establish itself.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast