Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Bad Experience in St Theresa Hospital

JoyousBaby is offline Registered User

I can only file a complaint but it might take ages for them to even get back to me. Anyway really thank God for blessing and women's hunch not to go ahead blindly just because he is a doctor? Gee, was indeed bad experience and I shared with my current Gynae and she was shocked. Was too early to see anything in the sac when I visited St. Theresa Hospital, insisted baby is not in that empty sac but in fallopian tube, when he scan I can't even make up what was to be seen in the tube as to me nothing is there! He was really really impatient and it just pissed me off.. Always good to seek 2nd opinion though...safety sake!

Shenzhennifer is offline Registered User

Have lawyer send complaint to HA on your behalf, should speed things up.
    I filed a complaint. Took a good 2 months to get a general response, to which I contacted them about and complained further. I got pretty high up but it really went no where as that final conversation happened when my baby was a week old already, so all was said and done and I had a great experience with my birth there so I was pretty forgiving at that point:) but still Important to file a complaint against the doctor, assuming you have his name.

tsubasa is offline Registered User

Oh my goodness, I am so horrified that this happened to you! I wish you and your baby a smooth ride for the rest of your pregnancy and that you do find a doctor you can feel confident in!

jvn
    jvn is offline Registered User

Agree with Shenzhennifer, at least file a complaint against this doctor if you have his name, maybe you won't be able to change anything yourself but if he has acted incompetently in several cases and the authority receive more complaints they will take action against him as no authority would want to be liable for his next mistake. This is not a 'whoops, could happen to anyone' thing it's dangerous incompetence.

anotherone is offline Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by RileyC View Post
    In order for any complaint to be taken seriously by the Hospital Authority or Medical Council, you will need to have some form of evidential proof to back it up otherwise they'll most likely not take the time to investigate your complaint. From a legal perspective, it's also very hard to prove negligence because the legal standard is pitched very high indeed.
    While I agree that the legal standard in proving negligence is high, my experience is that as long as one can find a medical expert in the same field to support one's argument that a similarly experienced and reasonably competent medical practitioner would not have done what your doctor has done, there is an arguable case. What you need to decide of course is whether you are happy to fund litigation in order to "seek justice". (btw I'm not in private practice anymore so not soliciting business here!)

In any case, I would seriously urge you to at least file a complaint with the Medical Council (http://www.mchk.org.hk/index.htm. Correspondence address is 17/F, Wu Chung Building, 213 Queen's Road East, Wanchai), enclosing with your complaint all the medical notes that you have and can get your hands on (you have a right to all your medical records from St Theresa - don't let them tell you otherwise). Also see here for more info on patients' rights: http://www.hkma.org/english/pubmededu/rightset.htm

JoyousBaby is offline Registered User

Thank you all for the wonderful advice. Will seriously consider and gather whatever proof or papers I received from that Doc... I just had my check up with the gynae yesterday, glad that things are more stable and hope the following tests will be ok too. Never have Oscar test done before so the nature of the test already stressed me out, maybe I'm in my late 30s?
    Will stay positive and things will all turn out well...

charade is offline Registered User

Good luck with your pregnancy JoyousBaby. It would really be a public service if you reported the doctor but it is important not to be stressed out in pregnancy, so don't do it if you think it would get you stressed out.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12