Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

how to react? husband's family takes child to beach without notifying you beforehand.

MommyTo3 is offline Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by geomum View Post
    Actually I would be very happy if any of my family members took care of my kids like that or entertained them by taking them to the beach. I would just say thank you and make them feel they did an awesome job :)
    Completely agree.

kaandy is offline Registered User
    Hong Kong
    You sound pretty ungrateful to me. How nice that you have a lovely family who gave up their time to entertain your kid!

They took your child to the beach, it's hardly a crime!

Get over it love and maybe consider thanking them instead.

Honkyblues is offline Registered User
    Kaandy, I take it you haven't read Solidstar's previous posts regarding her verbally and emotionally abusive husband and his conniving family. Her in-laws are hardly a 'lovely family' and your flippant call to "get over it, love" isn't helpful.

Solidstars, I agree with the other posters that although it must be annoying to feel that they've tried - once again - to hide something from you, at least this time it isn't a 'bad thing' like secretly giving formula. Unless there's some reason you are anxious about your child going to the beach (too much heat? the sand-flies? eating sand?), then this is one to let slide. Or even to make a big deal about what a lovely treat it must have been for baby, just to show them that they haven't 'won' by hiding the beach visit from you. (Maybe they didn't even mean to hide it.)

You know you have the support of the majority of this forum's posters. We are not trying to belittle your concerns about the beach visit. Unless we haven't understand another part of the story, it sounds like this is not a battle to be fought.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12