Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Anyone delivered in Hong Kong Adventist?

appledai is offline Registered User

Anyone delivered in Hong Kong Adventist?

If I could choose again, I would never choose Hong Kong Adventist. So terrible, I can not know which kind room I will be in. And they raised pricing after I paid the deposit which is not refuned. I worried if they will give me VIP room. The cost is out of control. Is there anybody just delivered at Hong Kong Adventist? can you get Ward room or Semi-Private room?

lesliefu is offline Registered User
    i will be delivering there too in August...one fact though in HK is that you don't know which kind of room you will get - until the day you deliver and you will be given the option of whatever is available - that happened in both Matilda and HK sanatorium...the VIP room, from what I heard at the adventist is very hard to come by so i don't believe that will even be an option. would love to see what others experiences are though...

KeHK is offline Registered User
    I delivered in Adventist last November and had a great experience. Would definitely go back there if we're still in HK when it's time for baby no. 2.
    I asked for a private room when we made the booking and I ended up staying in a private room. It's true that they cannot guarantee your room type in advance as it all depends on their availability on the day you check-in. That however is the case for all private hospitals, as far as I know. However, I don't think that they will put you in the VIP room if you asked for a ward room since it's obviously a huge price difference. From what I've heard, it's rather the case that they might downgrade you to a lower category than what you've asked for.

Thanks for replying me. I heard other private hospitals can book room type and my doctor will charge me huge if I am in VIP room. I prefer ward room since my doctor will charge according to room type but HK adventist just has 1 ward room with 5 beds. now I pray that donot push me to VIP room at least. I hope the thing like your guys said VIP room is hard to be in.

BabyG is offline Registered User
    I gave birth at HK Adventist last August 2010 and had a great experience. I was in the 5 bed ward but on the second and third day there were no others occupying the rest of the beds. The nurses were really nice and took care of me really well.

I booked the ward but was told that there are no guarantees. It all depends on availability. Just hope you get lucky that you get the accommodation that you want.

LOJITT is offline Registered User
    At Matilda, you pay for the room you booked, so if you book a 4 bed room, and they don't have space, so put you in a private room, Matilda still only charge for the 4 bed. If you book a private and they don't have one and put you in a 4 bed, you get charged for the 4 bed.

I cant comment on how the Obs charge if you're upgraded though. Probably depends on the Obs. I think it's pretty unreasonable to charge more if you get a free upgrade though.

the HK adventist told they will always charge highest standard fee if they give me private room when I am in even I find ward room has space. Thanks for your sharing. That is the fact I have to accept.

MamaSo is offline Registered User
    I will be delivering at the Adventist on the 5th of Aug and i do think its quite unsettling to not know what room you will be in! At least I know its a C Sec and that makes things a bit more 'expected'.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast