Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

What's better in DB: Live near Ferry Pier or Siena Club/North Plaza?

mariaindb is offline Registered User
    Forgot to say that $490 is per month. And one membership gets both Club Siena and Residents Club.

starbucks2 is offline Registered User
    The monthly fee also covers the indoor playroom at Siena Club which is a saviour in this hot summer heat if you have small children to entertain.

carang is offline Registered User
    back when i lived in db, you COULD purchase a "temporary membership".... but you had to be sponsored by a member to get it. it was more expensive, but we did it for a couple of months in the summer. back then, the regular monthly fee was only $400/adult and the temporary membership was something like $500-550/month. for us, it was worth it, as i only wanted access to the pools.

RileyC is offline Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by Jzlyn View Post
    We've recently moved to DB. We viewed about 15 apartments (Siena, Chianti, Coastline, Capridge, Crestmont and Seabee)over 3 days and decided on Seabee Lane (just behind DB International School). It is a 10 min walk to the plaza or 2 bus stops away (a min on the bus), almost every bus stops right at the top of our street including those going to Tung Chung, Sunny Bay and Airport.

So you mean that there are buses that can take you directly to and from the airport?

Jzlyn, how are you finding it in DB? If you need to commute to Central for work, is it really as troublesome, time-consuming and tiring as it seems?

penelope is offline Registered User
    Yes there s a bus direct to the aiport.It takes 25min.It stops at cathay pacific office then airport.Direct to DB from the airport

Jzlyn is offline Registered User
    I am currently on maternity leave.

The ferry ride to head into town is convenient and less stressful than taking the bus and MTR (tube). It's 25 mins, there's free wifi on board, drops you at IFC (where I work). It takes me 35-40 min from my door to Central. It's not that much of a commute. I used to live on Bonham, the morning traffic to work in Central probably takes me as long (all the damn minibuses stop every 2 feet on Caine Road!). We considered moving to Conduit when we had our little girl but the husband was dead against it. He didn't want to have to fight traffic all the time and trying to catch a taxi in bad weather would be horrendous.

There are buses that take you straight to the airport the runs every 30 min. Buses also take you to Tung Chung and Sunny Bay where you can catch the MTR. My husband works above Kowloon Station, he catches the bus/ MTR in the morning but prefers to take the ferry at night (as he says, I can have a beer on the ferry on my way home).

carang is offline Registered User
    i didn't mind the ferry trip at all when i lived in db, and in fact miss it now. it was a guaranteed "wind down" time built into the day.

starbucks2 is offline Registered User
    Riley - the time it takes depends on where you live in DB and where you work in Central. My commute is 50 mins from door to door, DB to my office in Central. If you work in IFC and live close to the Plaza then that does cut down the commute time. I tried the MTR/Sunny Bay route the other day to check if it was quicker as had just missed a ferry and was 20 mins to the next one. Took me about 20 mins longer. About the time time as if I had waited for the next ferry. Plus I had to stand most of the way (whereas always get a seat on the ferry). So won't be doing that again.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast