Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Goatmilk formula questions

nicolejoy is offline Registered User

Goatmilk formula questions

My 11 month old is sensitive to dairy. I have been exclusively breastfeeding her up until now and just found the dairy allergy through trying to introduce yoghurt/cheese. As I have been exclusively pumping, my original plan was to pump for 12 months and then put her onto cows milk, but that seems to be out of the question now. I really don't want to keep pumping indefinitely - it's been pretty hard work and a huge commitment!!

I have tried soy formula which she takes ok but it stinks like crazy so I'd rather try something else. And the other option seems to be goats milk - which sounds like it might be better for her.

I have looked at goats milk formula at Citysuper and it was very expensive - about $350 for a can. I was wondering, are there cheaper places to get it from? And is it possible to just buy goats milk/goats milk products instead of the formula? Where can I get goats cheese/yoghurt for example? I guess since she is already going on 12 months, she wouldn't specifically NEED formula - although if that's all there is, that's all there is...

sunrays is offline Registered User
    I used Karihome goats milk which you can get at Eugene in Central. I get it at a pharmacy in Sai Kung for $250 so it might be worth looking around.
    Not sure about buying fresh goat's milk here, guess it will work out more expensive.
    Goats cheese can be found in 360 and goats yoghurt I have seen in ParknShop.

Gataloca is offline Registered User
    Our Welcome got recently renovated and now carry more variety of products. They have a brand of organic milk product called Organic ECHO, and they have pure goat milk powder for 279.8 the can.

Oh great, I notice your location is TKO? I may need to check the Wellcomes around here too.

Thanks so far for your suggestions :)

Gataloca is offline Registered User
    Nicole,

The milk I was talking about is this one:
    http://www.organic-echo.com/eng/showproduct.asp?psid=14

It seems that you can order it from their website, but it is cheaper on Wellcome.
    And if your local Wellcome doesn't carry it, you may try ordering it online from WellcomeDelivers (http://shop.wellcome.com.hk). Just search for "goat milk" and you be able to find it.

Thank you Gataloca. That looks good, I may need to get that one :) I did find some cheaper goat milk formula at Apita - it was only $290 (I think) for 900g as opposed to $350 at Citysuper. The brand is "babynat" at is is made in France. It is the "follow-on formula" for ages 12 months and above. Just thought I'd share with anyone else who might be interested.

AudreysMom is offline Registered User
    I am looking into goat's milk too bc I hear it's better for the digestive system than cow's milk + it has slightly higher calcium content. My girl tends to get constipated on cow's milk. Online I found littlegianthk.com selling http://www.littlegiant.com.hk/en_pro...sid=10&id=1068 for <12 month olds and http://www.littlegiant.com.hk/en_pro...1&sid=10&id=50 for 12+ which is what I've decided to use.

Kash is offline Registered User
    Please tell me from where I can buy this milk?? My son is 8 months old and having constipation too..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast