Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Wheels for maxi-cosi

lrpolo is offline Registered User
    Wan Chai

Wheels for maxi-cosi

Where can I get wheels for my maxi cosi car seat? I don't live near an mtr station so I have to get a taxi to go down town with my LO, and then obviously I don't want to be trying to juggle with a car seat, stroller and a baby particularly when on my own. Ideally an inexpensive option, as I already have a Maclaren stroller. Thanks for any suggestions

shakeshack is offline Registered User
    Mid levels
    I'm looking for the same thing. Any replies?

Nenea is offline Registered User
    Shekou, Shenzhen
    I used the Quinny Buzz stroller with my maxi cosi cabrio fix infant car seat. It's a big robust stroller - but I have seen that Quinny makes a smaller lighter version stroller that you can pop the maxi cosi car seat into also - Mothercare and Bumps to Babes both carry these. I love our Quinny stroller - it's really well made and easy to handle, I don't recall what we paid exactly, maybe round 3K HKD at MOthercare (???), but the smaller version (Zap?) might be a good deal less - good luck!

starbucks2 is offline Registered User
    Hong Kong
    Bugaboo also. If you go into Mothercare or B2B they will be able to advise you as to which stroller fits the maxi cosi. I agree with Nenea as to the Quinny Buzz. I loved ours too but inevitably the ones that work with the maxi cosi are usually heavier and harder to negotiate in narrow HK streets (in the city anyway).

Zoska is offline Registered User
    Hong Kong
    Bugaboo bee is very light, you can take the acctual pram off and put maxi cosi. It is also very easy to navigate!

Roachie is offline Registered User
    Hong Kong
    We use the Quinny Zapp with the Maxi Cosi car seat and really like it. The frame is easy to fold and does not take up much space when it is folded. It is not the sturdiest of strollers (although to me, it seems stronger than the lightweight Combi strollers, for example) but I like the fact that it's light enough that I can carry it down steps, if necessary. We bought ours overseas so it was cheaper than in HK, but I think it is less than HK$3000 at Mothercare.

The only thing that I dislike about my Zapp is that the seat that comes with it does not recline, although I think the newest style does have a reclining seat. We bought a 2nd stroller to deal with this - if you already have a Maclaren, then this isn't really a problem.