Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

advice needed

chuckles is offline Registered User

Smile advice needed

Hi, would really like some advice re mosquito and suncream care for a newborn baby! we are first time parents and really don't know what we should do in the line of protecting our little baby delicate skin.. Thanks in advance

jvn
    jvn is offline Registered User

With a newborn, just stay in the shade. If it's really necessary to go out in the sun then you can get UV covers for prams or baby carriers. With mozzies you can keep them under a net if you're in a really mosquito-ey environment, you can also use those wall plug-ins and the natural repellent squares that you crush and stick on clothes.

AndreaSB is offline Registered User

I've seen some mosquito devices that make a sound we can't hear but they can which keeps them away. Haven't tried them so don't know if they actually work. Anybody know?

banane76 is offline Registered User

There are some safe deet free repellants available at bumps to babes. i got one made with safe essential oils. We will use netting I think as well when we go away. I actually get more bitten than my babies.

taysty is offline Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by AndreaSB View Post
    I've seen some mosquito devices that make a sound we can't hear but they can which keeps them away. Haven't tried them so don't know if they actually work. Anybody know?
    I bought a device, a very small one that I can tied it on to my cot/stroller. It works quite well so far but this morning my baby got bitten again! :( Will keep using it though as I think it screen nearly 70% out most times. However, I can hear the sound of it and it took me some time to get used to it.

chuckles is offline Registered User

Thanks for all your replies, appreciate it..

AudreysMom is offline Registered User

I'm using this mosquito band called para somethng which I put on my daughters ankle. It works so far. But it smells funny. I also use a net to cover her crib. This really helps too. The one night I forgot to use the net and band she got a bite onher face. It was a huge one and the next morning her face had swollen up! I used antisen cream on the bite and the bite drained. In the next few hours the bite looked much better.