Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Which detergent?

AndreaSB is offline Registered User

Which detergent?

As the big day gets closer I am starting to get things ready and will soon be looking at washing all of baby's clothes, blankets etc. I have seen different kinds of detergents at the baby shops and even in the supermarkets, and was wondering, what should I use?! What should I be looking for/ or not in a detergent?

Any input would be much appreciated as I am clueless in this department. Thanks!

carang is offline Registered User
    i have always used the same detergent for both kids and adults. never a problem. also meant we could wash all of the clothes together and save so much time and energy. it takes a LOT of baby clothes to make up one full load in the washing machine!

burrcl is offline Registered User
    I've been using Persil non-bio, that I got from bumps to babes. I normally use normal persil for our adult wash. I asked my mum what she used 30+ years ago and she said she used different ones for each wash back then too. I'm not sure there is really much difference, but she did say that either my sister or I used to come out in a minor rash when she washed our clothes in the main wash.

Luckily our machine can do half loads so not a problem there.

banane76 is offline Registered User
    We are using 7th generation baby wash for the first few months and then we'll mix it with everyone else's wash around 6 months.

lesliefu is offline Registered User
    we use the same detergent for everyone in the house - never had a problem as nobody has allergies of any sorts. it's hard to get enough baby clothes for one load.

southside852 is offline Registered User
    we also use Persil non-bio for the first 9-12 months then switch to normal afterwards.

charade is offline Registered User
    We also use same detergent and washed the baby's clothes with everyone elses. I watched to see if there was any problem with my son's skin but he was fine.

AudreysMom is offline Registered User
    I used 7th generation til baby was 1.5 years old then switched to regular. You only need to use baby wash if your child has sensitive eczema prone skin.
    Posted via Mobile Device

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast