Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Need ideas for fitting crib into a small bedroom

HongKongShopper is offline Registered User

Need ideas for fitting crib into a small bedroom

As most HK apts I have a pretty small master bedroom and am having some trouble figuring out how I can fit a crib in the room. Ideally I would like to have the baby with me for the first 2 years in our room....
    Has anyone else faced this problem, what type of cribs fit in small spaces? Which stores have the best selection?

Thanks x

carang is offline Registered User

you may decide that 2 years is too long and also by 2 years your child will be in a big bed.... 2 very big changes to have all at once.

we used a moses basket beside our bed for the first 2-3 months. we were able to squeeze a cot into our room and baby slept there until 6 months, then we moved baby into share a bedroom with her older brother.

as for how to squeeze a cot into your room, the only answer would be to buy one of the "hk" cots, they are about 1/2 the size of a regular cot, but that means you will need to buy 2 cots (a bigger one for when the child grows) and baby won't be spending 2 years in your bedroom.

taysty is offline Registered User

My master bedroom is also very small. We had to get a foldable crib just to fit through our door. The one we got is 0/3 baby if your are interested.

mariaindb is offline Registered User

Our place is small too. We actually put baby into their own room from day 4 (after hospital) as it's only a 2 metre walk to get there! Yes, you have to physically get out of bed to feed during the night. But on the other hand we could sleep more soundly in between feeds cause we couldn't hear all the little noises that babies make in their sleep!

nino is offline Registered User

We have a fairly small bedroom as well. We used a Moses basket for three months beside the bed and then used a cot from ikea (can't remember the model name, but I think they are all the same size) at the end of our bed for another year. It was small enough to be able to push from one space to another when needed, but large enough that it can be converted to a toddler bed.

HongKongShopper is offline Registered User

Thanks for all the input.

banane76 is offline Registered User

We also used a moses basket for the first couple months and just moved the cot into our room because he's getting too big for the basket. We have the Ikea Leksvik cot which is smaller than most cots from the baby store. We lift it over the door knob to get it into our room. We're hoping to move baby in with his older sister around 6 months. If we could move him into his own room already we would, but our place doesn't have the room. The cot is light to move especially when you take the mattress out first.

kacoak is offline Registered User

We used our pack-n-play (which has a basinet setup) for the first 6 months. When she was older we removed the basinet and used it as her playpen. Bought the Graco brand at Babies r us in the US. They may have it here at Toys r us?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast