Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

maclaren strollers?

chuckles is offline Registered User

Smile maclaren strollers?

Hi just wondering if anyone has any suggestions which is the better maclaren stroller to use for a 6/12 old baby? Thank you in advance

AudreysMom is offline Registered User

I have the maclaren quest which is light and easy to use because it folds up fast but be careful because some of them have recalls. The babies hands were getting caught on the side hinges. If you buy one, make sure the side hinge has been covered (with a trinngle cloth cover). You can call maclaren to get it fixed.

nicolejoy is offline Registered User

I second the quest - although I think that the side hinge issue was quite minor. In a long period of time, only a few children were injured by it. We have the hinge covers, which we only use on one side because on the other side, it gets in the way of the folding mechanism. Just be careful when you're opening and closing the stroller. That goes for ANY stroller (and also, the issue with the hinge has also been found in other brands as well, not limited to Maclaren.)

KeHK is offline Registered User

We also have the Quest and are very happy with it. It's light (I can carry it with baby inside on my own if necessary), folds up easily and is therefore great for travelling (taxi, planes, etc). It doesn't recline fully, but still enough for baby to take a nap in it. And baby loves it:-)!

TNT
    TNT is offline Banned

Another Quest fan, have had it for 2 children and it is still going strong. Great for HK and travelling as easy to fold, light but can still fit a fair bit of baby paraphenalia in the basket.

southside852 is offline Registered User

we have the quest as our umbrella and techno xt from birth. love both, but quest is definitely lighter!

AudreysMom is offline Registered User

Tendency to tip overth

The only other annoying thing is that if you hook too many bags on the stroller handles, the stroller will tip when you remove your dear little one from his/her seat... I've seen "weights" that some moms use to re-balance the stroller so that it won't tip.

AngieO is offline Registered User

Yes, you have to remember to take the bags off before you take the child out. I know a lot of people find this really difficult to live with! Personally I have loved my Techno XT through 2 kids. The techno xt can be used from birth, so if you think you might have another child one day it might be better value. The quest is lighter and appropriate for the baby you have now so unless you really want the flatter recline option it is a good option.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast