Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Mandarin-English exchange anybody?

yellowmud is offline Registered User

Mandarin-English exchange anybody?

We are a Sino-German couple with a 22 months old son. He learns German and Putonghua from us and picks up his English from conversations between us and from our Philippina helper. Since his English is a little bit all over the place, we would like to expose him more to English spoken by native speakers and thought we could combine this with meeting other children and parents.

So, what we can offer is standard Putonghua from a mother with a Ph.D. (and standard German from a tertiary educated father should there be any interest ;) ). We are interested in meeting native English-speaking families with children who would like their kid(s) to be exposed to Chinese. We are based in Shatin and thought about arranging meetings or activities on a more or less regular basis over these summer months.

Anybody interested?

Newtolantau is offline Registered User
    I would definitely be interested! I have a 18month old little girl and would love to have her and myself learn Chinese.
    Posted via Mobile Device

yellowmud is offline Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by Newtolantau View Post
    I would definitely be interested! I have a 18month old little girl and would love to have her and myself learn Chinese.
    Posted via Mobile Device
    Great. Our son is 22 months old now, so the age difference is not too great. Your nickname suggests that you are on Lantau. Is that corrent? We are based in Shatin.