Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

losing post pregnancy weight !!

dpmother is offline Registered User
    Hong Kong

losing post pregnancy weight !!

hello there !!

iam wondering how to loose all the post pregnancy fat ???
    what worked the best for you ? any tips are welcomed..... :)
    & how long did it take to get back to ur original weight ?

thanks !!

ozmerc is offline Registered User
    Hong Kong
    Hmm, well I just had my second and am hating the post pregnancy belly, but I know I need to give it some time! From my first time around it took about six months to get back to my pre-pregnancy size, doing nothing more than breastfeeding, no special exercise regime. Probably 1 year to look almost completely 'normal' in shape. But within 2 months I was 80% there already. This time around I'm going to walk and swim, just gentle exercise.

Biggie is offline Registered User
    Hong kong island
    My second baby is six month and I lost 60%. For the first one took about 6-8 mth to be back at original weight but over a year to be back in more or less original shape ( then I got pregnant again!)
    I am consciously eating less, and doing mild exercise like taking baby for walk or swimming. Also doing pilates this time.
    Posted via Mobile Device

AudreysMom is offline Registered User
    South Island
    Has anyone tried those postnatal post-pregnancy girdles/belts that you wear after delivering? I have to wonder if those things actually work, and if so, which brand do you girls recommend? The belly bandit from the USA sells for over 1000 HKD and it seems like a scam. Anyone tried it? Thoughts anyone?

burrcl is offline Registered User
    Not tried it yet, but I bought a belly bandit from Linea Negra on QRC. Was about $600 though, not over $1000. My pilates instructor recommended it (or any similar) as she said it was good if you have a separation in your abs, plus it offers good back support. Not sure it will necessarily help with weight loss per se, but binding has been done for years in the East, so guess there is something to it. Once baby arrives, I shall see how I get on!

charade is offline Registered User
    I put on 20 kg (approx 40 pounds) during my pregnancy, to the shock and horror of the nurses monitoring my pregnancy. Despite dire warnings that my baby would be ginormous, he turned out on the small side, so all that weight was just me! I lost 8 kg in the first week after giving birth, having done nothing but mooch around and breastfeed. That included the weight of baby (abt 3 kg), placenta and whatever else comes out when you deliver. By the end of the month I had lost another 8. This is without any excercise, only breastfeeding. My baby then turned out to have reflux and I went a bit crazy trying to figure out what in my diet might be causing it - eliminating all dairy, eggs, nuts, and then onion, wheat, potato...let's just say for one week i only ate confee with a little pork. This pushed me into quite a rapid weight loss slide, and my the end of two-and-a-half months I was only 3 kg away from my pre-pregnancy weight. The last bit could have been lost with excercise, I suppose, which I haven't yet bothered with. Point is that most of it seems to come off on its own, breastfeeding helps. And then you could do excercise to tone.

ssheng is offline Registered User
    Kowloon Station
    I think the belly band helps with the lower stomach pouch rather than weight loss - although having tried it and abandoned it, the pressure on your stomach makes you not want to eat. Personally, I found that I shouldn't diet until about 8 weeks after I give birth because I need to replenish my energy and dieting also affects my milk production. I agree with other posters that a lot of the weight falls off naturally over the course of about 4-6 months, and I think the rest goes after you wean your baby and your hormones get back to 'normal'. I'm sure it could go a lot faster however if you exercise...

evgreen is offline Registered User
    Tai Tam
    I've heard that it is important to wear a belly band/girdle post birth not for weight loss, but it keeps the skin from sagging and helps with shrinking the uterus to pre-pregnancy size (basically, keeps gravity from doing further damage) seems to make sense logically! i'm going to give the belly bandit a try. it's much cheaper if you order it from the US ($45).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast