Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Stroller... Tandem or side-by-side?

lesliefu is offline Registered User
    my sis had a side by side (she bought in australia - can't remember brand though). and when she got to HK she quickly "retired" it because apart from strolling it during her runs / walks, it was very inconvenient to store and to use in the city. she ended up using 2 singles instead and convincing her kids to walk more...her kids are 15mths apart - kid of like "twins" in a sense.

mummymoo is offline Registered User
    We were considering the Bugaboo Donkey side by side but felt that it might be a bit too snug for our toddler, and probably too wide for most footpaths on Hong Kong Island (meaning no one else can walk in the other direction when you are there), so bought a boogie board and attached it to our bugaboo bee and it has been fabulous. Our toddler loves the boogie board and although it isn't recommended, when she is tired, she sits on the boogie board and this works well also.

The combination is great for walking around but you can not fold the stroller with the boogie board attached which is inconvenient. It does however go through the MTR and up narrow escalators (but only just). For a few stairs, I'm able to carry the stroller up with my toddler climbing the steps herself. I hope this helps.....

rani is offline Administrator

erina320 is offline Registered User
    Thanks Rani. It's even the color I want... Now the question is, why are they selling it?

penelope is offline Registered User
    I have the babyjogger city mini double and it s the best pushchair I ve ever had.An I had A LOT. It does fit on the escalator in the ferry etc. it s brilliant for twins.

MommyTo3 is offline Registered User
    As a mother of twins (and an older child), I've seen my share of single and double strollers. I had a Mountain Buggy Urban Double with board for my oldest which was great in the US (where they were born) but I couldn't get rid of it fast enough when we got here. I also brought my MacLaren double which was fine (not great) but it fits through doors, folds easily, good for travelling, etc. but again, HK is not great for double (side by side) strollers. We soon started using 2 singles for travelling and going somewhere and we just had them walk from early on. My oldest was able to walk everywhere from age 3 without a problem (and I used the board in the US for standing). Since you already have a 3yo I am seriously wondering why you would even get a large, bulky double stroller ... Have you thought about a buggy/kiddy board behind a stroller. When my twins were still have little and my oldest would get tired (while travelling, so we only had the MacLaren), I would put the lightest twin in a hip carrier, and have her sit down. So considering their age, I think you may have a few other options, without having to invest in a double stroller. If you really want a double stroller, I would advice Phil & Teds at this age. Your youngest could probably ride the bottom until 18 month (I think), by that time your oldest will definitely be fine walking. My personal experience (partly of having no choice and refusing triple strollers) is the more chances you give them to sit down, the more they will. The more they walk, the sooner they'll see it as their only option and they'll quickly get better at it. Sure, you have to make a stop here and there, but with kids you need to anyway. Hong Kong is not side by side double stroller friendly is MY experience, regardless whether it fits through doors (because almost all do).

Hope this helps?!

Jenster is offline Registered User
    I have one that I was thinking about selling. I bought it in the states 6 months ago and have just moved to Sai Kung where I can't see when I'd use it. Please let me know if you are interested.

Jenster is offline Registered User
    Baby jogger city mini double
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenster View Post
    I have one that I was thinking about selling. I bought it in the states 6 months ago and have just moved to Sai Kung where I can't see when I'd use it. Please let me know if you are interested.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast