Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

What's your favorite pregnancy book?

missidealiste is offline Registered User
    Hello ladies
    Sorry I was lil busy lately..I went thru chinese confinement and did it by gathering a few recipes from the Internet. Since I can't read Chinese I gave up on the idea to even look for Chinese confinement book in hk.
    It's through some research that I realise there are good ones written by Singapore/Malaysian author. Recipe i followed where "copied" from those books. Apparently, If you go to Popular- the bookstrore in Sg, you may find it. (I'm still looking to buy it online, if u can adv a website for this pls)
    I went to Commercial Press bookstore in Hk. (Thinking I might have a chance) if you do go there, try to look at the cooking section, they do have a few Chinese-English confinement recipe book. Those book target domestic helper- not really me(it's trilingual with tagalong!) But still it's a good option. Because it describe the herbs with pictures and also tell u their functions..I gotta say that there not many options but I'm happy to have bought one at 34hkd :)

AudreysMom is offline Registered User
    I found this book searching online but it is only available in the US!

The Chinese Pregnancy & Confinement Cookbook
    Siong Mui Ng

Anyone know where to find this book?

Publisher is Landmark Books

missidealiste is offline Registered User
    Audrey : did u try Popular the bookstore? U can order online and They ship to Hk.

AndreaSB is offline Registered User
    Agree with "What to Expect" for informational purposes. I would also highly recommend "Nine Months Strong" by Karen Bridson which focuses on the mum rather than the baby. An easy read with plenty of useful tips and exercises. Also reading "Your Pregnancy Week by Week" (Curtis & Schuler) as the weeks go by... some of it is irrelevant as it's from the US but have found is useful too.

lorraine is offline Registered User
    Very intereseting! thanks guys!

I came across a magazine lately, called the 'Playtimes'. Its quite a good one and has lots of ideas..from pregnancy to children parties ideas. Quite a good readd! highly recommended.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12