Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

circumcision

putput is offline Registered User

circumcision

Hi,

I'm keen to get the views of people who have partners who are circumcised but have chosen not to get their sons circumcised. I'd also like to know why mums have chosen to get their sons circumcised.

Many thanks
    Last edited by putput; 07-06-2011 at 07:50 PM.

putput is offline Registered User

Circumcision

Actually looking to talk to anyone with views on circumcision and whether or not there are medical benefits. If preferable, please PM me your views.

Thank you.

howardcoombs is offline Registered User
    A decent and fairly balanced read : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Circumcision

The benefits are few, very few. There are many reasons not to do it.

If you are not religious, there is very little reason to put someone thru the procedure.

ozmerc is offline Registered User
    I have an uncircumsised son and circed hubby. The procedure is not routine nowadays in Australia where he was born (I get the impression the same goes for Hong Kong) and I was not interested in inflicting what I considered unnecessary pain on a newborn baby. Around the time he was born I saw a piece on 60 minutes which showed the process and I was horrified. I guess I don't consider it my place to remove part of his genitals when he is not old enough to know any better. We are usually outraged at female circumcision but we don't always seem to apply the same reasoning to little boys.

Understandably, my husband initially thought it should be done but son 'matching' dad was not a good enough reason, and he was unable to come up with any other good reasons so it was never taken any further.

TNT
    TNT is offline Banned
    Ozmerc you wrote exactly my situation and feelings - i didn't see the 60 minutes episode but read about what was involved after a friends baby was circumsised (before I knew my second child would be a boy) and cannot see any justification for it. Luckily my husband wasn't too bothered about the matching thing; we are also Australian.