Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Banned from breastfeeding at hotel

Gracey is offline Registered User
    Good going, Newbie! You did something that will help HK bf-ing mothers in the future.

thanka2 is offline Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by Newbie_hk View Post
    UPDATE:

Thanks everyone for your replies. I am touched by your support. Just to give you an update, I have filed a letter of complaint this morning to Park Lane hotel and will eagerly await for their reply. I told them about my unfortunate experience and cited the Peninsula incident, telling them "Surely, Park Lane hotel would not want to attract the same kind of negative publicity".

I will update you on their reply and if it is unsatisfactory, I say we take it a step further as some of you have suggested: do the name and shame on SCMP and perhaps do a peaceful nurse in.

Thanks again!!!
    I am glad to read this. They did what they were supposed to do. Any establishment that wouldn't respond in a quick manner is committing PR suicide. At least they're intelligent over there at The Park Lane.
    “Many women have described their experiences of childbirth as being associated with a
    spiritual uplifting, the power of which they have never previously been aware …
    To such a woman childbirth is a monument of joy within her memory.
    She turns to it in thought to seek again an ecstasy which passed too soon.”

~ Grantly Dick-Read (Childbirth Without Fear)

Mother of Two
    JMW, boy, born November 29, 2007, 9:43 pm, USA
    MJW, girl, born March 17, 2011, 4:14 pm, HK

Newbie_hk is offline Registered User
    ANOTHER UPDATE

In the interest of fairness, I think it's only fair to mention if a hotel has gone out of their way to accommodate mums who breastfeed. I went to Hong Kong Disneyland Hotel last week (mid July 2011) for lunch and afterwards asked if they had a nursing room. While they had none, the staff gave me a key to one of their hotel rooms to breastfeed. The room was refreshed and ready for occupancy. It was fantastic as it also gave my family a bit of a break (we could've had a quick catnap but didn't want to abuse their hospitality).

Later that day at the Park itself, I went to the Guest Relations Desk at City Hall, Times Square and they directed me to their courtesy room. It was a nice quiet place. It isn’t a parent room or changing room as there are no change tables. It’s more of a holding room since they actually have proper baby changing rooms in the park. Nonetheless it was a nice place to feed my ever hungry baby.

kumud is offline Registered User

breastfeeding problem in public

Hi Newbei, I read ur full thread. i also have the same problem as my 5 months old doesnt like bottle feedingbcoz of which we are not able to go out for more than 2 hours otherwise i have to find some place to feed my baby or come back home would be the best option. last weekend we went to The Peak, where there is a nappy changing room but no chair to sit and breastfeed so i did breastfeeding while standing. If BF is not allowed in public in Hongkong than there shud be proper arrangment in almost every such places.

Lali07 is offline Registered User
    I often feed my little boy in the baby carrier, its a great trick to learn as it means you can feed 'on the go' without having to stop and find somewhere to sit. Its also discreet...

I have a carrier similar to an ergo, but also fed him when using the baby bjorn or sling. I just position it with his head close to breast height. It took a few goes but now he's a pro at it!

:)

thanka2 is offline Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by chiuchiuchiu32 View Post
    In which hotel in causeway bay? But I think breastfeeding at the lobby is not normal, so they ban your feeding.
    Uh...breastfeeding ANYWHERE is very normal. Breastfeeding on the train, in a lobby, at the restaurant, on the street, on a bus...anywhere a baby needs feeding is a "normal" place to feed a baby.
    “Many women have described their experiences of childbirth as being associated with a
    spiritual uplifting, the power of which they have never previously been aware …
    To such a woman childbirth is a monument of joy within her memory.
    She turns to it in thought to seek again an ecstasy which passed too soon.”

~ Grantly Dick-Read (Childbirth Without Fear)

Mother of Two
    JMW, boy, born November 29, 2007, 9:43 pm, USA
    MJW, girl, born March 17, 2011, 4:14 pm, HK

Lali07 is offline Registered User
    Agree with T2..

Babies should be able to eat anywhere, when they are hungry.. I won't withhold food (breastmilk) from my baby for anyone.. He is more important to me than other people's opinions..

What I find completely appalling, is that when I BF my baby, you will see less of my body than that of a woman on the beach or pool in a bikini.

If breasts are that offensive, don't go to the beach/pool, turn off the TV, and don't go into any bookstores or 7/11's in case you catch a glimpse of some skin..

Breasts were made to feed a baby, that is their only nature-intended purpose. Its a bummer they have become so sexualised.

Gosh it makes me mad, the health and wellbeing of a baby is so much more important..

doudoub is offline Banned
    you must complain this hotel, i think you can also send your complain letter to local newspaper

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast