Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Childproof balcony

Anne1212 is offline Registered User

Childproof balcony

Hi everyone,

Wonder if anyone could suggest how to childproof a balcony and if yes where to get the materials or contractor and roughly how much?

The bars of our balcony are not whose enough for my 21 months child to pass through but as a great climber as he is I'm worried one day he might...

At the moment we have the balcony door closed most of the time but he's starting to fiddle with the door locks and I'm worry he's quite close already. He's supervised closely once the door's opened but just in case I want to make sure he (and the pedestrians downstairs) is safe.

Thanks,
    Anne

Portia is offline Registered User
    We put a chain high up on the balcony doors so that they can be open, but my LOs cannot get out onto the balcony.

Liquorice is offline Registered User
    Not necessarily as aesthetically pleasing as having something professionally done, but for our puppies we attached chicken wire to the balcony railings. Worked really well and if it is fine wire then it isn't that obvious. It is a good temporary fix anyway.

Anne1212 is offline Registered User
    Great thanks for your advice Portia and Liquorice!! Why haven't I thought of those before?! Will get it sorted right away~