Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Full DAY English Speaking Nursery in Kowloon

xxJJxxx is offline Registered User

Full DAY English Speaking Nursery in Kowloon

Dear all,

I am really at wits lost. I have been searching for quite while a full day nursery school for my child next Sep.
    My job is extremely busy and travels alot and hence I need a school that can help to accomodate to after office hours timing. ( hubby can pick up since he doesn't travels as often)
    Many people have advised that i should get a helper with the house chores and after school pick up but we are really not comfortable with this idea and enjoys our privacy dearly. And also, we do not want my young child alone with a helper and believes a school premise seems to be more reliable for safety reasons.

I have few concerns that hopefully i can find quick sound advices on with experienced mummies in this forum.

- Where can i find ( in KOWLOON ) a full day ( hopefully till 6-7pm ) Nursery schools that also offers English & Mandarin speaking environment for my child?
    We stay near HungHom; Kowloon Tong is inconvenient for us .

- Musical / creative workshops for 3yr olds

- In any case these schools does not extend till 7pm will there be any centres that can offer after school babysitting services ( from trained professionals of course)

Hope someone out there can help !!

TheQuasimother is offline Registered User
    What you're asking for doesn't exist in establishments like a creche as HK parents who are working rely on domestic helpers and scheduling their children for classes after nursery/kindergarten hours.
    “If you want to get to the castle, you’ve got to swim the moat.” Richard Jenkins in Eat Pray Love

carang is offline Registered User
    it doesn't exist in hk.

my kids kindergarten extends until 5:30 and that is the latest i've ever heard of.

you will have no choice but to hire a helper. if you find the right one she will not disturb your privacy.

xxJJxxx is offline Registered User
    Thanks Quasimother & Carang's replies.

Getting a "right' helper seems to be the best solution for all parents i believed but in reality it's putting your luck like in lottery.. I have been trying to find an agency that allows "trial session" of the helper for one day with our family but in vain.

Anyone has recommendations on an agency that offers such services?
    I think this trial session will def be more reliable than a face interview on skype...!

ssheng is offline Registered User
    Your other option is not to hire a domestic helper but an actual nanny who is trained in child care. Obviously the cost is a lot higher, but it sounds like you were willing to have your child in all day care plus after school care, so cost-wise it may work out. A trained nanny would be familiar with children's songs and games so s/he could stimulate your child. And with the nanny, I think you can do some one-off babysitting first to get an idea if you like the nanny before hiring on a more fulltime basis.

I know for sure you can hire a native English speaking nanny with strong childcare qualifications, but not sure about Mandarin. Anyway, here is a website I have seen some moms link to that might help; I haven't used them but it could be a start. http://www.rent-a-mum.com/

mumsy is offline Registered User
    Take a look at the social welfare dept. website, they do have creches for 0-2yrs and kindergartens for 3-6yrs with extended hours but it will cost much more than hiring a domestic helper. You will also need to check if they are English/Mandarin speaking.

http://www.swd.gov.hk/en/index/site_...id_childcares/

If you really don't want to hire a FDH, then you may also consider a local part-time helper to help with the school run and/or babysitting until you get back from work or use one of the professional babysitting companies.

EarlyYears is offline Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by xxJJxxx View Post
    Dear all,

I am really at wits lost. I have been searching for quite while a full day nursery school for my child next Sep.
    My job is extremely busy and travels alot and hence I need a school that can help to accomodate to after office hours timing. ( hubby can pick up since he doesn't travels as often)
    Many people have advised that i should get a helper with the house chores and after school pick up but we are really not comfortable with this idea and enjoys our privacy dearly. And also, we do not want my young child alone with a helper and believes a school premise seems to be more reliable for safety reasons.

I have few concerns that hopefully i can find quick sound advices on with experienced mummies in this forum.

- Where can i find ( in KOWLOON ) a full day ( hopefully till 6-7pm ) Nursery schools that also offers English & Mandarin speaking environment for my child?
    We stay near HungHom; Kowloon Tong is inconvenient for us .

- Musical / creative workshops for 3yr olds

- In any case these schools does not extend till 7pm will there be any centres that can offer after school babysitting services ( from trained professionals of course)

Hope someone out there can help !!
    Have you tried PIPS in Kowloon Station? They have a full day nursery program, but I think they only open until @ 5:30pm. Some parents I have met hire a private nanny/teacher to pick their child up from school then teach them until the parents return home.