Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Pack & Play Mattress

erina320 is offline Registered User

Pack & Play Mattress

Does anyone know where I can find a new or custom mattress for my baby's Pack & Play here in HK? We'll be using it as her crib and I'd like to get a more comfortable mattress for it other than the board it comes with.

Also looking for bed rails to fit a standard bed, outlet covers and a baby monitor. I guess I just need a baby supply store with an excellent selection.

Thanks in advance.

Portia is offline Registered User
    I have two extra mattresses for my playpens (two different sizes). I had one made at Seahorse (see http://www.hecom.hk/catalog_en.php?n...&subid=1&pid=0.) They can make any size or thickness that you want and I had mine made to fold up so that I can take it with us when we travel (can be put into a large duffle bag). It is very good quality and it was made very quickly.

The other one I bought from Mothercare. It's about the depth of a thick mattress pad. Not really worth it in terms of cost or added comfort.

Just one word of warning though - in some places, extra mattresses for pack n plays are not widely available because of safety issues. You need to be careful that the baby does not or cannot slip between the mattress and the stretchy side if you are considering a thicker or additional mattress as a very young baby could suffocate. This was not a concern for us as I did not get the extra mattress until my baby was a year old and could stand or call for help if he needed it! Also, an extra mattress can make it easier for your baby to climb out later, so you need to consider that issue nearer the time.

Thank you Portia.

I was hoping to find a mattress only two to three inches thick and quite firm (though softer than the one she is currently on hence the "board" reference) so hopefully it won't create much of a suffocation hazard. My LO is also already 7 months old so hopefully getting out of the age of major concern.

Thanks for the info. I'll look into it.

hazelnut is offline Registered User
    Hi! I was wondering whether you had any luck finding a mattress for your pack and play. I'm looking for one as well, but preferably an organic one. It seems like organic mattresses in HK are not very popular yet.

Also, just curious, which pack and play do you have?

Portia is offline Registered User
    I have a European brand (Neo Nato?) which is 120 cm x 60 cm and I have an Elfe (cheapest available brand from Sears in Canada) which is a standard North American size.

Erina - At Seahorse, you can choose the thickness, although how firm may depend on the mattress. I had mine made two inches thick so that when it is folded it is a manageable size and not too thick.

I have a Babytrend Pack & Play that I bought in the states. I ended up going to Kingtex and having a mattress custom made. I just folded up and carried the mattress that came with the pack and play to the store and the lady measured it for me. I then selected the style of mattress I wanted and the thickness. I even had two custom fitted sheets made as well.

The mattress I selected is VERY firm which is fine for now, but when baby is over a year old I'll probably have a softer pad made to lay on top of it.