Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

New helper....does not know anything about child care

Gracey is offline Registered User
    Hong Kong
    rs -- with all due respect, you have to calm down and be patient. 3 weeks in nothing.
    my helper started about 3 weeks ago, too. she seems reasonably bright, but is still figuring out the kitchen appliances. and children are much harder than a coffee machine!
    you can't blame her for not getting along with your elder child so quickly. and i wouldn't hand a 6-week-old to any helper.
    good luck again!

TheQuasimother is offline Registered User
    Hong Kong
    rs2000 - The YWCA (MacDonnell Road) offers cheap classes but you have to book early. Check out their timetable.

The jealousy bit takes a lot of time and effort on our part. My bub is almost one and my son still shows signs of jealousy. It's not manifested in malicious ways of he does direct our attention his way if we are talking about his sister. This, despite the fact that we make a lot of effort to ensure that he gets enough attention.

Good Luck!
    “If you want to get to the castle, you’ve got to swim the moat.” Richard Jenkins in Eat Pray Love

carang is offline Registered User
    Sai Kung
    as gracey says, 3 weeks is not very much time for your helper and child to have formed a bond. we have a new helper, too, and she is fantastic, but is struggling with my kids (4 & 6) in that she is having a difficult time getting them to listen to her. i realise that it will take time, that she is not me, and that she needs to feel comfortable saying "no" to my kids and disciplining them. this will only happen with time. it will only happen when she realises that i have her back and will back her up on discipline. that i WANT her to discipline them and not allow them to treat her like a doormat.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123