Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Leap frog letter factory

AudreysMom is offline Registered User

Leap frog letter factory

I heard this is the best DVD for teaching the ABC's. Where can I find this in HK? Thanks in advance

southside852 is offline Registered User
    Yes, my toddler learned the entire alphabet and their sounds through this dvd before 2.5 years old. they have a very catching song and my son still sings it sometimes. we got ours in the US so if you have a friend visiting from there ask them, but I also bet some parents who have older kids are willing to part with it.....have you also checked all the usual suspects - B2B, Toys R Us has a great range of Leap Frog products etc....

nicolejoy is offline Registered User
    My daughter (2.5) knows all her letters/letter sounds - and some computer skills - from starfall.com. Check it out, best thing is it's free!!

Southside852- do you have a special DVD player? I was thinking about having my mom in the US mail it to me, but since US manufactured DVDs are Region 1, I wasnt sure whether it would play on HK DVD players.

Nicolejoy- thanks for the lead! Will check it out :)
    Posted via Mobile Device

tet
    tet is offline Registered User
    My son knows all his letters and sounds (before he turned 2) by watching Leap Frog's Letter Factory. Got the dvds (Let's Go To School, Letter Factory and Word Factory combo) from HMV. Totally worth it.

southside852 is offline Registered User
    we have the philips region-free dvd player...plays all dvds from any country...relatively cheap too....

ptoche is offline Registered User
    I too read the raving amazon.com reviews and bought the whole set (ordered from amazon, shipping cost was affordable), but our 2 year-old son cannot be bothered with it, doesn't enjoy it at all. Yet, he's learned all the numbers, all the letters, and all the shapes (I think I was 10 when I mastered this much) by watching, instead,

PreSchool Prep Factory, Meet the Numbers, Meet the Letters, Meet the Shapes, also a set of several DVDs.

I too prefer the preschool DVDs. I think the reason is this: a 2 year-old doesnt' have much vocab, our son was 1 year old when he started watching and only knew how to say "water" and "snack" (I'm not joking), so the non-stop blabbering of the Leapfrog factory was a nuisance to him (and to us), whereas the more subtle take of Preschool prep factory DVDs worked a charm for him (and us).

I think it's down to age and, perhaps, personality. At a young age like 1 or 2, the Leapfrog is too much talk and the Preschool Prep is perfect. At a later age, maybe 4 or 5, perhaps Leapfrog may work better.

The amazon reviews are mostly from US customers, and I'm guessing most US kids would be learning letters and numbers no earlier than about 4 years of age as compared with the overachieving crazy HK kids who can do that at the age of 1 or 2. So if true that would be consistent with my view that Leapfrog is probably okay for the "older" kid, while Preschool Prep is for the "ultra young"...

Ptoche-- Thanks for the DVD lead. I just tried to order the Preschool Prep series on amazon but they don't ship to HK. How did you get it?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast