Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Which breastmilk freezer bags/containers work best with Phillips AVENT breast pump?

RileyC is offline Registered User

Question Which breastmilk freezer bags/containers work best with Phillips AVENT breast pump?

Hi

I've bought myself a single electric AVENT pump in anticipation of my baby's birth. I'd just like to know what other users would recommend for storing the expressed breastmilk in the fridge and/or freezer. Thanks

AngieO is offline Registered User
    I think bags are better than containers for the freezer, mainly because they take up less space, but also you can squeeze excess air out. I didn't have a preference for a certain brand of bag, all the ones I tried were easy to pour milk into from the bottle/ container you pumped into. If you use avent bottles you can pump directly into them and keep them in the fridge, You need the sealing disc to put into the lid rather than the teat. Then you can just pour it into a different bottle before you warm it for feeding. Or you can buy the avent containers, but I felt they were a bit of a waste of money.

nicolejoy is offline Registered User
    Bags definitely take up less room - but if you don't want/need to freeze much, I love the Avent VIA cups. They're a great size. Also good for baby food. In the fridge, I just store it in bottles. That way when we need it, we just put on the teat and warm and it's good to go :)

RileyC is offline Registered User
    The attraction of the bags for me is precisely that they'll take up less room. Is there any particular brand that you would recommend? Do the Lansinoh bags work well with the AVENT breast pump? Is it possible to just pump the milk straight into the bags or must I really transfer the milk from the bottle into the bags as AngieO suggested?

Nicolejoy, is it possible to pump the milk straight into those AVENT Via cups if I use the AVENT breast pump?

bonita is offline Registered User
    I use the medela bags because they have a sticky tape on top which you can loop around your breast pump in order to pump directly into the bag (i.e. no transferring from bottle to bag)

nicolejoy is offline Registered User
    Riley, yes you can pump straight into the cups - although they are wide-mouthed, but they come with an "adapter" that you can use with Avent pumps/teats.

I've never found transferring to be an issue though - I've pumped for nearly a year exclusively and have transferred just about everything. I haven't spilled more than a couple of drops here and there.

Portia is offline Registered User
    I liked the Lansinoh bags and also the TS brand (from Korea), but you can't pump directly into them. You can pump directly into the Medela bags using the tape (if you dare as it seems quite precarious), but I found the plastic had a really strong smell. At least 2 boxes of the Medela bags I bought smelled awful and I couldn't use them. Not sure why they smelled so strong - maybe a shipment or storage problem?

mrs
    mrs is offline Registered User
    I liked the Boots bags for their sturdiness and reasonable price - $78 hkd for 40. You can't pump directly into them but it was no problem transferring from the avent bottle. I tried the medela bags with the tape and they don't fit with the avent pump so don't waste your money. The bags are good if you need to save space in your freezer as you can lay them flat to freeze. The via cups are more environmentally friendly and convenient bc you can pump directly into them, but I froze a lot for future use, so I preferred the bags for space saving and economical reasons. The Boots brand bags are available at a store called Baby Outlet in causeway bay. http://www.mamabebe.com.hk/?lang=en

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast