Taking too much folic acids?
- 07-16-2011, 10:06 PM #9Registered User
- Join Date
- May 2011
- hong kong
Noted that Materna formula in hong kong and in Canada the formulation different.
Also 1mg is 1000mcg
As I said on my first post. Different country got different formulation and ur not over dozing
- 07-17-2011, 06:53 AM #10Registered User
- Join Date
- Jan 2009
- Hong Kong
folic acid 1000mcg?
Yes, agree that folic acid is water soluble, so you will eliminate what isn't used (it is not like fat soluble vitamins which are stored in the body, accumulative and therefore used with caution in pregnancy). However, most B vitamins (folic acid incuded) have synergistic relationsips with other vitamins meaning taking too much or something can put the balance out of another nutrient. Having said that, there are studies sugesting that 1000mcg is now the preferred dose of folic acid and is associated with the prevention of miscarriage and neural tube defects.
- By Zoska in forum Hong Kong Pregnancy ForumReplies: 4Last Post: 05-07-2011, 06:04 PM
- By dorothy_melody in forum Hong Kong Pregnancy ForumReplies: 9Last Post: 07-27-2008, 08:37 PM
- By helywong in forum PreconceptionReplies: 12Last Post: 06-09-2008, 01:07 PM
- By putput in forum Hong Kong Pregnancy ForumReplies: 8Last Post: 08-22-2007, 02:35 PM
- By Spanjo in forum Hong Kong Pregnancy ForumReplies: 2Last Post: 08-07-2003, 01:57 PM