Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Woodland Pokfulam?

yuans2 is offline Registered User
    New York

Woodland Pokfulam?

Hi, I am moving soon from USA to Hong Kong. Since I heard some many people complaining about finding a school for kids at the last minute, I would like to enroll my son (born Oct. 2006) to an English-speaking kindergarten before I leave for HK if possible.

I called up several schools (victoria at belchers, small world, woodland, morningstar, sunshine house, etc.) and few has full day option available except woodland and sunshine house. Since woodland is from 9 to 4 and sunshine house is 9 to 2, I think woodland fit my son's daily routin better as he is currently doing 9 to 4 here in the States.

Could anyone let me know what they think about Woodland Pokfulam? I just hesitate because I never book any school without seeing it first. But at the same time, I don't want to land in HK without a school for my son.

Thanks a lot!

bonita is offline Registered User
    My 21-month-old daughter goes to playgroup at Woodland Mid-Levels campus on Caine Road. I stay with her for the entire class. She loves it. Teachers are nice & attentive. Her class has 1 teacher to 8 kids. The Caine Road campus is a little bit small though. I've not visited the Pokfulam campus, so i can't comment on it. I think beside Woodland & Sunshine House, Parkview International Preschool (PIPS) also has whole day program (9-4:30).

Portia is offline Registered User
    Hong Kong
    In Hong Kong, most Oct 2006 children will be in Year 1 and not in kindergarten. When are you coming to Hong Kong? Woodlands does have a Year 1 class in Aberdeen, but it is oversubscribed. PIPs (Parkview) has a full day 8:30am -3:30 pm program for Year 1 students (ie, 2006 born) which had places when I checked 2 or 3 months ago, but I'm not sure about now.

As for your actual question, I have no actual experience of the school, but my friend who was a primary school teacher has her child at Woodlands Pokfulam and she thinks it is excellent.