Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Nursing cover

catan is offline Registered User
    Yes, baby doesn't wait more than 5 minutes before she starts wailing!

Quote Originally Posted by ozmerc View Post
    I know many malls have nursing rooms but I don't use them because they usually require a trek to find them and often when you get there, you are greeted by a line of mothers armed with baby bottles. Why you need a feeding room to bottle feed is beyond me! Anyway, when a baby wants to be fed you don't get 15-30 mins to wait for a feeding room to free up so it's a good idea to figure out ahead of time anywhere that you can sit down.

Right now I wear a tank that I can pull down and a loose shirt over it, but it seems to expose too much skin still according to my sisters. Personally it doesn't bother me because when baby is nursing there isn't anything to see. I like to be able to see baby when nursing, and when I tried covering up with a shawl, I kept moving it to check on her. So if I did get a cover it would be for the comfort of others rather than myself. Also, I think when I'm out I'll mostly be in restaurants or on a bus/mtr or on the street, and a cover wouldn't quite work for those situations?

Newbie_hk is offline Registered User
    Ive used a bebe au lait for my first & I'm currently using it for my newborn. It has travelled with me on long flights too & found it to be a travel essential.

It has a hoop around the neck that allows you to have a peek at your baby while you're feeding. Very handy.

blessed is offline Registered User
    i'm using a bebebela nursing cover that i got from citysuper, seems similar to the baby au lait one that some mentioned above, with a loop where you can hoop around the neck, a band at the top of the cover where you can peek at baby and so it won't stick to his face. very light weight and i've got a black & white pattern that goes well with any clothing and just look like a flowery top!

definitely a good to have especially for long haul flight! we've travelled with baby at 5 months, 6 months & 8 months, where i can use it to nurse him to sleep!

charade is offline Registered User
    Whatever you do, don't get a nursing cover without the hoop at the top. The one I bought (cannot remember the brand as threw out the box but it's pink and white stripes and you get a blue and white striped one also) turned out not to have a look and was a complete waste of money - hkd200 for basically a poncho! I used it but really, the one with the hoop is so much better.

Lali07 is offline Registered User
    I often feed my little boy in the baby carrier, its a great trick to learn as it means you can feed 'on the go' without having to stop and find somewhere to sit. Its also discreet...

I have a carrier similar to an ergo, but also fed him when using the baby bjorn or sling. I just position it with his head close to breast height. It took a few goes but now he's a pro at it!

:)

thanka2 is offline Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by Lali07 View Post
    I often feed my little boy in the baby carrier, its a great trick to learn as it means you can feed 'on the go' without having to stop and find somewhere to sit. Its also discreet...

I have a carrier similar to an ergo, but also fed him when using the baby bjorn or sling. I just position it with his head close to breast height. It took a few goes but now he's a pro at it!

So wish I could do this! But...wearing my baby absolutely kills my back, even in the Ergo and my baby is really tall! I mean, REALLY tall. She's 4 months old now and I stood her up next to an "average" height HK 2-year-old this past week and she was only maybe like 1-2 inches shorter! So, I can't get that Ergo down far enough for her to really latch on. that would be great if I could do that!
    “Many women have described their experiences of childbirth as being associated with a
    spiritual uplifting, the power of which they have never previously been aware …
    To such a woman childbirth is a monument of joy within her memory.
    She turns to it in thought to seek again an ecstasy which passed too soon.”

~ Grantly Dick-Read (Childbirth Without Fear)

Mother of Two
    JMW, boy, born November 29, 2007, 9:43 pm, USA
    MJW, girl, born March 17, 2011, 4:14 pm, HK

I'm practicing nowadays to be able to do this... it would be so convenient!!

Quote Originally Posted by Lali07 View Post

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast