Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Decline from Matilda - what now?!?!

Zoska is offline Registered User
    Thanks. I spoke to my doc office and that is what they told me. They said that it never happend that they patient was not accepted to the Matilda. When I presure her she said worst case scenario, doc gives you refferal to QMH and you do not need booking.

starbucks2 is offline Registered User
    What about Adventist? I hear it is good. Does your dr only deliver at Matilda?

Yes, she only delivers at Matild. I would need to change doc to try other private hospital and i don't want to do that as i like my doc. I really want to deliver in Matilda. I am due begining of Jan so do not understan how it could get booked out. I would understand if i would be towards the end of the month!

AndreaSB is offline Registered User
    I think she delivers at Adventist too.

I might asked her. I read somevhere that she use to deliver there but not anymore. I might drop the mw that looks after booking an email.

hkexpat2010 is offline Registered User
    from what i understand, each matilda resident dr. gets a certain amount of spots for their patients so they have an idea where you are on "their" list.

the first ob/gyn i saw was a matilda resident, but he wasn't confident that i would get into matilda (think he had a long priority patient list ahead of me) and suggested i book another private hospital which didn't have a great reputation. at 8 weeks, when we submitted the papers to matilda, i was told i was #14 on a waiting list that matilda rep said was over 40 people long.

about a month later, i switched to my current dr., also a matilda resident, and they switched my booking with the hospital. i got a rejection notice at that time, but my dr. just said to be patient and it would be fine. i got in 1 month after that and was super relieved! i think my 2nd dr.'s waiting list was much shorter than the 1st dr.'s.

i'm due at the end of dec and they say private hospital delivery capacity is maxed out at that time due to mainland mothers shifting from public deliveries to private. read in a paper they are supposed to be limiting the number of mainland mother deliveries starting next year, but maybe that's just for the public hospitals...

good luck and hope all works out for you!

Thanks, my doctor said not too worry and that I should get accepted. I want to call Matilda and find out what number I am on a waiting list! But whenever I call person responsible for booking is not avaliable.

Decbaby2011 is offline Registered User
    Hi Zoska

Similar to your situation, I started a similar thread although it was for delivery at end of Dec also at Matilda. Agreed with HKExpat2010, I also switched doctor and was able to get into the hospital I wanted. Initially I was almost close to plumbing for either Canossa or St Pauls which were not my choices.

An important factor is also whether you have good rapport with your doctor, if you trust her then stick with the doctor. From the numerous replies I also received, I was also told that Matilda will usually reject but then you will eventually get in. However completely appreciate the anxiety especially if this is your first baby.

Just keep trying with the Matilda Maternity Team since they do take time.

Good Luck . Will PM you the name of the person to ask for at Matilda.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast