Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Decline from Matilda - what now?!?!

missprincepessa is offline Registered User

Angry Unbelievable!

Hi ladies...i am new to this forum but thought i'd give you an update on the dire straits of getting a maternity bed in Hong Kong. I registered with my OB at 4 weeks 6 days pg (2 days ago), and am most likely going to be waitlisted at Matilda as i am behind about 6 other of the Doc's patients in that intake group. INSANE!!!! Who can handle this stress???? Esp when pregnant!!!

tomogotchi is offline Registered User
    It is insane, I know. But be assured. I'm in week 37, and I'm pregnant with my No 2, so the baby is likely to come earlier than my EDD. I only got my Matilda booking finally confirmed two days ago! Best luck!

jvn
    jvn is offline Registered User
    Yep, I was going to say, don't stress about it yet. You haven't even been waitlisted or declined yet - just warned that you might be and the majority of people who don't get confirmed bookings (as opposed to being declined) do seem to get in nearer their due date.

Zoska is offline Registered User
    I m 27 weeks now and still waiting! Not stressing about it anymore if will not get confirm my doc will give me referal letter to QMH. I m not gonna worry about things I do not have control over! Also I went from nr 9 to nr 3 on a waiting list within like 6-7 weeks! Try not to worry, I m sure your doc will do the best to get you. Who are you seeing?

Thanks for all your kind support and reassurance. It's just so unbelievably ridiculous! I had a miscarriage last year and didn't really want to go through the emotional pain of getting a scan this early (knowing i wouldnt see a hearbeat!) purely for the sake of getting a hospital bed. But i knew i had to get the scan to confirm my edd and now i am likely not to get a bed confirmed until later (if at all).
    I delivered years ago at the Matilda and it was a dream compared with my first public hospital experience in Australia (absolute nightmare!) so i am very anxious about not getting in there again! To be honest though now i realise how hard it is, i dont care where i go, as long as my OB delivers me!

For those still waiting and very close to EDD, good luck!! Would love to hear how you go(-: And for those booked and about to pop, best of luck too(-:

cxflygirl is offline Registered User
    i heard that Matilda is undergoing renovations is that true?

Junebugwhite is offline Registered User
    They are undergoing renovations, and were when I gave birth back in July. It was "kind of" annoying, the drilling sounds, etc.....but to be honest, I only noticed them before i gave birth. After the baby I didn't notice the construction sounds at all, guess I was so busy..ha ha

just an update. I got offered a bed at Adventist today...even though Matilda is my preference i am going to take it and pay the deposit. I would rather NOT stress for the next 8 months (on top of pregnancy stress!). I suppose the upside is that Adventist is more central as we live on southside.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast