Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Any Baby Product Fair Experience?

amaretto111 is offline Registered User

Question Any Baby Product Fair Experience?

As you may be aware, the Baby Product Expo is being held in Wanchai Convention Centre on 5-7 August 2011, which I'm kinda excited about!

This is my first so I was wondering when is the best day to go? I heard that there are a lot of samples given out on the first day but there are HUGE crowds! Want to avoid the crowds as I'm pregnant and don't want anything to happen to my baby!

Was wondering whether it is worth going on Saturday afternoon or Sunday - would there still be anything left to buy? Is it going to be packed as well? Just thought it will be a good opportunity to see what sort of products there are in HK and get some discounts as well.

I also heard something about bringing labels along....what is that all about?

nicolejoy is offline Registered User
    Personally I found that the samples are a waste of time. It takes ages to fill out all the forms - I even printed stickers with my name/address etc but it still took ages to do it all. And then all that you'd get was ONE diaper, or a bag and a bunch of papers and a little plastic worthless toy. I ended up chucking out most of the stuff that I got and vowed I wouldn't waste my time with that again!!

The second year I went, I didn't do that and found that I had more time to browse the stalls for items that were on sale and heavily discounted. That year, I bought a LOT of stuff at very good prices. I think that it is worth doing it that way. I found that it's best to go FIRST thing in the morning as the first hour or two are the quietest. In some ways, I would rather go two days for those first hour or two than to fight the crowds in the afternoon. It really is insane there - and if you're bringing a child or two, that will really slow you down! The ONLY reason I'd bring my daughter is so she could try on shoes there as I don't like to guess her size without her trying them on...

Oh and many places do run out of stock, but a lot of times, you can back-order items and pick them up after the expo. But probably best to go earlier. Particularly if you DO want all the freebies - once they are gone, there are no more.

maggiecxq is offline Registered User
    Thanks nicolejoy! I am also wondering whether i should go first thing on the 5th, or wait till Sat/Sunday. Do they display more items over the weekend than a Friday?

nicolejoy is offline Registered User
    Not that I know of. If I wasn't doing anything, I would go on Friday morning first thing, then leave around lunch. If there was more I wanted to do, I would go again on Sat morning first thing rather than fight with everyone else!! I'm not going to be around Fri/Sat, so this year it's Sun or not at all for me. It's a shame. I missed it last year as well as my daughter was born on the 4th. Bad timing ;)

amaretto111 is offline Registered User
    Thanks nicolejoy! I'll try to get there early to beat the crowds!

taysty is offline Registered User
    I agree with nicolejoy. If I were to go again, I will just make sure I join those that are useful. Pampers and Huggies club for example as there'll send some cash vouchers to my home periodically. Unless you're planning to use cloth diaper all the way, disposables diapers is a must especially in infant stage.

Nenea is offline Registered User
    Does anyone know if there is a vendor list available, or can someone who went in past maybe list some here? I am planning to go from Shenzhen, just wondering if it's really worth it, sounds pretty good to have so many choices under one roof. Muchas Thanks!

taysty is offline Registered User
    I would suspect Eugene Group website will have a list? You can ring up them up first.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast