Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Wrong eggs used for IVF - which doctor?

Little bird is offline Registered User

Wrong eggs used for IVF - which doctor?

Anyone know which doctor was the one in the newspaper recently that put the wrong eggs into an IVF patient in Victory lab in Prince's building? Is that doctor from Dr Clement Ho's clinic?

geomum is offline Registered User
    What????????

burrcl is offline Registered User
    Story below says it was a 'junior embryologist' who seemed to be at fault.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-pacific-14181316

Little bird is offline Registered User
    Tks! I used that clinic for IUI (successful) and is looking to try for one more baby. Wish me luck!

missidealiste is offline Registered User
    http://www.vitydaily.com/14457/hongk...-mistakes.html

News didnt point out which Dr did the implant. However the clinic is run by dr Clement Ho..I think u should consider the fact that he should be responsible of hiring incompetent staff.

iolana is offline Registered User
    I also can't help thinking that the Victory ART lab has no or ineffective procedures. When I had my egg transfer at the Sanatorium IVF Centre, the embryologist asked me to state my name aloud which she checked against the label and then she showed the test tube to me and asked to confirm the name of the label. There seemed to be a check and double check, so I'm not sure how the Victory ART lab could mess up like this!

Gracey is offline Registered User
    I also used Sanatorium with Dr. Clement Chan (Please don't mix up the Clements!). Both at the doctor's clinic, and at the hospital, they checked again and again for all fertility procedures. The nurse would read outloud my Chinese name, my English name, and my husband's name, and then show us the test tubes with our HKIDs repeatedly.

Same now that I'm doing pre-natal check-ups at Baptist Hospital. Even for minor procedures, like checking my urine and blood pressure, the nurse physically shows me the label on the sample with my name, etc., and reads it outloud to me. I have no idea how that mix-up could have happened.

Cherry Blossom is offline Registered User
    Human Error happens. Nothing is ever fool proof. It was only a matter of time before it would have happened here since it seems to happens in clinics all over.The best is to be sure and make sure you double check every vial, every test result is in your name. I have been in hopital where I have been given a drug I did not recognise and yes it was an error. I also found someone elses blood results in my file. I do feel for the couples involved and I am glad that Victory Art is taking responsibility and offering counselling and compensation. I hope they have successful cycles too of course.