Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Getting rid of unused medicines

Frenchy is offline Registered User

Getting rid of unused medicines

Hello everyone,
    It's not the first time I've been told, by some nurses, that I can get rid of my medicines in the bin, as they don't have a recycling program.
    Not that I expect them to reuse my medicines, but just not to throw them in a bin !
    In France we are supposed to bring them back to the pharmacy so they can treat them properly. Here... nothing.
    So when the nurse told me it was fine to put my unused antibiotic cream in the bin... Am I overreacting or is there really something wrong there ??

Aava.Wong is offline Registered User

there is something definitely wrong on how some docs prescribe you with 4 different pills for 1 illness! even though i tell them that i prefer not taking the drowsy ones because of work, they will still give them to me!!

i've always wanted to know whether we can reject getting those unnecessary pills? like giving me a full bag of panadol even when i tell them that i don't have any aches!

my son who is just over 2 years old gets augmentin (antibiotic) prescribed at every visit! we've changed his doc now but the amount of bottles of syrups haven't changed - just no more antibiotic.

i do keep the remaining pills/syrup for my son for a further 2-3 days just incase he doesn't make a full recovery, otherwise i reluctantly throw them in the bin and at that time, i think of those sick kids who do not get any medical treatment.....

Last edited by Aava.Wong; 07-29-2011 at 03:58 PM.

erina320 is offline Registered User

It's ridiculous the amount of medication they prescribe all to treat the same symptoms. I truly believe they must get kick backs from the pharmaceutical companies and it is no surprise to me that Hong Kong has been the source for an antibiotic resistant strain of Scarlet fever due to how much antibiotics are over prescribed here!

Scroll to top