Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

South Bay

Karolina is offline Registered User

South Bay

Hello, just moved from Happy Valley to South Bay with a 2Y girl and a bump. I am looking for things to do with a toddler. Are there any playgrounds, indoor activities in the area? Your comments will be much appreciated, thank you

lesliefu is offline Registered User
    in stanley there is an indoor play area for kids, opposite is a public library. when i lived in repulse bay, going to the super market (at 109 repulse bay) was already a very fun activity for my 2y old as she loved chasing the birds, then having a snack from pacific coffee, then watching the fish and turtles and finally going to jason's to shop with me....simple pleasures in life! :)

Karolina is offline Registered User
    Thank you for your feedback. I agree that simple pleasures matter, but since I am 34 weeks pregnant I am trying to get a bit organised :-)

lesliefu is offline Registered User
    I see - I was in a similar state a few weeks ago....ended up at the grocery store most of the time because it was just SO hot in HK! not the most productive though I must confess....laying out on the beach is also nice just as long as your child is content to just play with the sand. another option is to sign your daughter up for summer classes at the near by schools...

elle is offline Registered User
    Repulse Bay Beach has a *decent* playground

http://www.lcsd.gov.hk/lsb/en/facili...55&did=11#1124

Stanley and Aberdeen have nice indoor playrooms (each about a 10 minute bus ride and a little walk on each end, which may not be the easiest until after your little one is born, but they are especially good for letting a toddler run in the summer)

http://www.lcsd.gov.hk/en/ls_fac_playroom.php

tomogotchi is offline Registered User
    I'm 27 week pregnant with a 19 month toddler and live in Repulse Bay/South Bay, so I can relate to you on being in a need of finding things to do in the area!

I often take my boy to Repulse Bay playground/beach early morning or late afternoon (it is too hot to go there in the middle of the day). If we want to swim, we usually head to South Bay Beach (water is clearer there than Repulse Bay). He also enjoys the Repulse Bay shopping arcade, going up and down on the lifts and escalators, watching the turtles and fish in the pond, having fruit juices and sandwiches from Pacific Coffee, and running around inside Marketplace. If it rains we often go to Stanley indoor playroom as others have mentioned.

There are not many activities to do I can think of in this area, so I take him to gym classes in Central. I heard you can become a week-day Repulse Bay Club member at 109 Repulse Bay Road if you want to use the facilities and take kiddy classes.