Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Kid friendly restaurants Citygate Tung Chung

starbucks2 is offline Registered User

Kid friendly restaurants Citygate Tung Chung

Hi

I have friends in town and and they are staying near Citygate in Tung Chung. Can anyone recommend good kid friendly restaurants in the Citygate Mall or surrounding area? Kids are 3 and 5.

Thanks

banane76 is offline Registered User

Spaghetti house has highchairs and so do the chinese restaurant on the second floor. I know they give you kid utensils at spaghetti house. Also noticed a bistro delifrance just opened, but not sure about them. Pizza Hut also probably is good for kids too. My kids are much younger so we always need highchairs :)

carang is offline Registered User

take your friends on the bus to discovery bay.... they can see a little more than just tung chung and there are more restaurants to choose from...

erina320 is offline Registered User

I have found all of the restaurants to be very accommodating to kids and at 3 & 5 they should be fine anywhere really. We've taken our 3 year old to the Vietnamese restaurant lower level across from Dymocks, the Japanese grill in the upstairs food court (which she thinks is really cool to watch them cook in front of her), as well as the sushi bar and even the restaurant in the Novotel itself... to name a few.

starbucks2 is offline Registered User

Thanks very much.

crj
    crj is offline Registered User

My kids are similar age. We often go to Federal in Citygate for dim sum, get sushi at Taste supermarket for picnic style eating (they also have sandwiches and wraps), there is a new pizza place that isn't bad next to the Zentro bar (this is not in Citygate, but a short walk away) and of course there are the daily and weekend buffets at Novotel.

In addition, if you walk on the bridge that goes out of Citygate (walk by the mcdonalds to get there) you get to a more local mall. If you go down the escalator in that mall, then turn left, there is a local wet market and they have some food stalls and there are also a few cafe style restaurants.

If you want to be more adventurous, have a day out and take the cable car up to the Big Buddha for a vegetarian lunch. The VIP room is great and young kids are usually free.

Another big day out is taking the bus towards Mui Wo, get off at Pui O and go to Ooh La La. It is right on the beach, and makes for a great beach playdate and lunch.

Enjoy!!

crj